Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vioolsdrift
Vehicle: 2010 4.0 V6 Fortuner 4x4
Club VHF Licence: N/A

Trailer mods.

Post by Froll »

When we were at Port Nolloth over the Easter weekend, I saw that it is a mission using the back of the truck for packing stuff. This makes it necessary to half pack up some things when you want to go somewhere. Luckily we had the kids with us so we used their plat kar to go to town for things we needed. But if my wife and I go alone a plan will have to be made. I was given a trailer a few years ago that had some bad rust in it, but still on the road. I towed it from Natal to home with no problems.( I needed it to bring some of my mothers thing up as she had passed on.)
I repaired the trailer and was going to sell it, but never got to doing that. I decided to convert the trailer to something that we can use when we go camping for longer periods of time. I have removed the axle and purchased a axle that will take 15 inch rims as I have four lying around from my truck. I will get the new axle tomorrow.I will post pics as I go along as I am still not sure of what I want to do all to the trailer. It must just make our life a bit better and be able to be mobile in the truck with min effort.
I am waiting for the papers for the trailer as the old oom that it belonged to passed on last year and the log book is nowhere to be found and the lawyers have had to apply for a copy of the log book, so I am hoping that will be sorted out soon.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (74.19 KiB) Viewed 8915 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (84.02 KiB) Viewed 8915 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (78.92 KiB) Viewed 8915 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (81.12 KiB) Viewed 8915 times
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Trailer mods.

Post by Mud Dog »

The bottom (floor) of the trailer looks sturdy enough, the leaf packs might be a bit weak if you're going to load it heavily and the wheel arches might have to be enlarged for the bigger wheels. If you beef up the leaf packs, ask for a higher load rating when you roadworthy it ... might just save you some weigh-bridge fines somewhere in the future. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Being planning to upgrade mine,but never seem to have the time($$$$$$)to do it :thumbdown:

Will get there one day,for now I'll watch your thread :thumbup:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
TOYODA
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '89 YN67R with Ford V6 3.0

Post by TOYODA »

I have similar plans for a Venter Super 6 trailer. Will be watcing this thread very closely.
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Uncle Andy,

Is it a big story to get the higher payload?

I also want to do that as 360kg is almost nothing in my trailer!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

The permissible load is normally determined by the manufacturer, but in the days when you were still able to register a home-built trailer, the testing authority did it. It might be easier in a smaller town than in a big city even though it will still be a DEKRA agent, but with certification from an auto spring works or engineering works, it may be a bit of a challenge but should still be possible. ;-)

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Danman
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: 2009 Fortuner 4.0 V6 aka "BosBuffel"

Post by Danman »

Upgraded my town an country trailer from 4 blade to 8 blade last week(trailertent and 90L fridge bit heavy), the old 4 blade looked like my old sfa front packs(not smiling anymore).
now smiles all the way and finally I can also get rid of the large drop plate cause the trailer is running allot higher now!
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Thabogrobler wrote:Uncle Andy,

Is it a big story to get the higher payload?

I also want to do that as 360kg is almost nothing in my trailer!
If you go over 750kg gross weight than you going to have to add run in brakes.To upgrade the paper work is quite a mission if you dont have a connection.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

The VIN # contains the GVM rating....might be a mission to upgrade that, maybe you can get away with the axle rating:
technical_makers_plate.pdf
(294.5 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

I received the new axle today. Will fit it the weekend. I am not looking to upgrade the weight the trailer can carry, I will not be towing it over far distances, mainly close to home. What I want is higher ground clearance, I want to change my tow bar as it is too low and I dont want a drop plate. I just hope that they will not be full of it when I take it to the test.
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

Froll wrote:I received the new axle today. Will fit it the weekend. I am not looking to upgrade the weight the trailer can carry, I will not be towing it over far distances, mainly close to home. What I want is higher ground clearance, I want to change my tow bar as it is too low and I dont want a drop plate. I just hope that they will not be full of it when I take it to the test.
As long as you dont want to change the weight it is pretty strait forward.They check your lights and wheel bearings and reflectors and yellow strips.Have a few extra red and white reflectors with you.Then if the want more you can put it on.I am not to sure if they need a chevron plate.on my boat trailer they wanted one.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Frederick
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Hendrina Mpumalanga
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux. 2016 79 Land Cruiser
Club VHF Licence: X42

Post by Frederick »

Is this what you have in mind?
7ft Venter
1.6t axle
1.2t spring blades
Led lights
31x10.5 R15 BFG AT
Attachments
260420131325.jpg
260420131325.jpg (58.65 KiB) Viewed 8687 times
260420131324.jpg
260420131324.jpg (52.1 KiB) Viewed 8687 times
260420131323.jpg
260420131323.jpg (57.27 KiB) Viewed 8687 times
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Might be a good idea to change them short springs with longer springs while you busy. Longer springs tend to have a softer ride than them short ones.

Don't change too much before taking to road worthy. After road worthy you can go wild.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

looks very nice :thumbup:
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Frederick wrote:Is this what you have in mind?
7ft Venter
1.6t axle
1.2t spring blades
Led lights
31x10.5 R15 BFG AT
Yes Frederick, that looks good. I also thought about the longer springs, but will see first what it tows like and as Pieter says wait until after the test to make more changes. :thumbup:
BenRich
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4 BF Goodrich KM2 MT Old Man Emu Suspension, ONCA Rocksliders, Safari Snorkel, Stofpad Bashplate's National Luna Duel Battery System, Engel Fridge

Post by BenRich »

My apologies, might be a slight hijack;

Frederick, that trailer of yours looks great. I have a venter elite 5 and want to do the same. Did you have to re-register as a rebuild with a new roadworthy?
Frederick
Town: Hendrina Mpumalanga
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux. 2016 79 Land Cruiser
Club VHF Licence: X42

Post by Frederick »

BenRich wrote:My apologies, might be a slight hijack;

Frederick, that trailer of yours looks great. I have a venter elite 5 and want to do the same. Did you have to re-register as a rebuild with a new roadworthy?
Ek gebruik die oorspronklike papiere
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Roger, jy sal OK wees met daai as, die VIN bevat nie die as se rating nie. Die nuwe as se rating sal seker hoër wees as die oue in elk geval so hulle kan nie sê dis onveilig of iets nie, trailer se GVM bly dieselfde.
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Thanks Stef, was wanting to fit the axle this weekend but had a small mishap at work yesterday with a piece of steel falling on my foot so am out of action for the moment. Will post some pics as soon as I have fitted the axle.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Froll wrote:Thanks Stef, was wanting to fit the axle this weekend but had a small mishap at work yesterday with a piece of steel falling on my foot so am out of action for the moment. Will post some pics as soon as I have fitted the axle.
Yikes! I take it you did wear safety shoes? Those kind of injuries tend to haunt you later on in winter times.
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Stef wrote:
Froll wrote:Thanks Stef, was wanting to fit the axle this weekend but had a small mishap at work yesterday with a piece of steel falling on my foot so am out of action for the moment. Will post some pics as soon as I have fitted the axle.
Yikes! I take it you did wear safety shoes? Those kind of injuries tend to haunt you later on in winter times.
Nope, my boots were at home. Flattened my right hand big toe a bit, not to serious but was a warning and got a big scare. Was very lucky.
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Well I was off work today so I removed the mud guards and fitted the axle and wheels.It looks quite like the trailer is on steroids at the moment. I will make some molds soon and make the new mud guards out of fiber glass. Still need to paint the axle.
Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (75.93 KiB) Viewed 8505 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (88.94 KiB) Viewed 8505 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (75.31 KiB) Viewed 8505 times
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

It will do the trailer no harm if you strengthen the axle at a later stage. The axles do bend on bad roads, especially if you catch one of those dips to Epupa Falls to fast, so strengthen before use.
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Haboob wrote:It will do the trailer no harm if you strengthen the axle at a later stage. The axles do bend on bad roads, especially if you catch one of those dips to Epupa Falls to fast, so strengthen before use.
SFA' S dont go too fast. :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Ek's half lus en doen dieselfde met my trailertjie; het juis 'n overhaul nodig.
Wonder of mens net ander hubs kan kry vir 5 gat wiele ipv om 'n wyer as in te sit?
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Anything is possible, Stef. One could source the desired hubs and a length of 60mm steam piping and make up an axle to the desired width without too much hassle ..... it'll be pretty near impossible to bend a steam pipe axle on a small trailer like that. The other thing I would have done is to extend the a-frame on the under carriage to join up with the side rails of the frame just to beef it up a bit (the existing set up looks a little weak for an off-road unit). ;-)

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Was thinking the same thing....probably easier just to get an axle and shorten it, but I wouldn't have any piece of mind :mrgreen:

Agree on the A frame, I see most okes these days are welding the a frame to the spring front mount as well.
Danman
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: 2009 Fortuner 4.0 V6 aka "BosBuffel"

Post by Danman »

Stef, bel roadque in silverton hulle sal jou vinnig help met daai hubs.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Tx Danie, weet van hulle :thumbup: Op die stadium is dit 'n projekkie vir later, jeuk eintlik net....
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Kyk, daai trailer van Freserik is ordentlik!

Ek oorweeg ook so iets met 'n as met 'n inloop rem, maar die trippie gaan naby die R10k draai as ek my somme reg gemaak het...Dan kan ek mos net sowel een koop wat klaar 1 ton kan laai?
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Thabogrobler wrote:Kyk, daai trailer van Freserik is ordentlik!

Ek oorweeg ook so iets met 'n as met 'n inloop rem, maar die trippie gaan naby die R10k draai as ek my somme reg gemaak het...Dan kan ek mos net sowel een koop wat klaar 1 ton kan laai?
Dan kan jy net sowel 'n Boswa daarvan maak met tent en alles...
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Decided to make the mud guards out of fiber glass, so I started making the molds today. I have again used 3 mm masonite as it gives a nice smooth finish to the part cast in the mold. I used one piece of masonite and cut it about three quarters of the way through where I needed to bend it. Will finish it off in the week and make the second one as well. Still need to cut the sides. Will post more pics when they are finished.
Sorry see the pics are in the wrong order.
Attachments
13.jpg
13.jpg (79.68 KiB) Viewed 7475 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (82.87 KiB) Viewed 7475 times
11.jpg
11.jpg (87.75 KiB) Viewed 7475 times
10.jpg
10.jpg (82.7 KiB) Viewed 7475 times
8.jpg
8.jpg (80.8 KiB) Viewed 7475 times
9.jpg
9.jpg (75.82 KiB) Viewed 7475 times
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

lyk goed! Sal dit nie goedkoper wees net om die die plastice enes te gaan koop nie?
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Maybe they will be cheaper but I would have to travel 500 km to the nearest place that they be available to check sizes. besides its lekker to do it yourself and keeps idle minds active. :thumbup:
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Froll wrote:besides its lekker to do it yourself and keeps idle minds active. :thumbup:
Amen to that! Sounds like something I would say :mrgreen:
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Finished making the two molds today. Still need to fill small gaps and then varnish. Ran out of time as I have to go and braai tonight, not really in the mood but nou ja will have to go to keep SWAMBO smiling.
Attachments
14.jpg
14.jpg (82.38 KiB) Viewed 7410 times
15.jpg
15.jpg (81.01 KiB) Viewed 7410 times
16.jpg
16.jpg (83.15 KiB) Viewed 7410 times
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Lyk baie mooi Roger :thumbup:
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Did the varnish about 2 weeks age and wanted to fiber glass last weekend, but it rained all weekend and was too cold. Today was a bit warmer but not hot enough, but I decided to do the fiber glass work. I used some white gel coat so we will see how they come out. Will only remove them some time in the week as they are not properly dry as yet. Will post some more pics then.
Attachments
8.jpg
8.jpg (64.15 KiB) Viewed 7342 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (62.26 KiB) Viewed 7342 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (68.8 KiB) Viewed 7342 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (73.38 KiB) Viewed 7342 times
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

My g-t het so bietjie gejuk. Removed the mud guards from the molds. There are a few places that have to be fixed up as the resin did not go into all the corners as it should have. Too cold. :frustrated:
But will repair and then will be good to go. :thumbup:
Attachments
16.jpg
16.jpg (55.47 KiB) Viewed 7339 times
15.jpg
15.jpg (61.08 KiB) Viewed 7339 times
14.jpg
14.jpg (61.49 KiB) Viewed 7339 times
Thunder02

Post by Thunder02 »

Looking good :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

www.4x4direct.co.za
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Well this weekend I managed to finish the mud guards. I will fit them on Friday as we are working tomorrow and off on Friday. I decided to fit some alu checkered plate on the fronts so stones from the back wheel of the truck dont damage them. :thumbup:
Attachments
17.jpg
17.jpg (55.88 KiB) Viewed 7315 times
18.jpg
18.jpg (61.32 KiB) Viewed 7315 times
19.jpg
19.jpg (63.38 KiB) Viewed 7315 times
20.jpg
20.jpg (77.05 KiB) Viewed 7315 times
21.jpg
21.jpg (77.68 KiB) Viewed 7315 times
22.jpg
22.jpg (53.28 KiB) Viewed 7315 times
MOFASA
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 1998 JEEP XJ 4.0............ 4 inch lift.... more mods to follow............ Old vehicle was MOFASA
Club VHF Licence: X119

Post by MOFASA »

A Very PRO job you have done there.....
The look awsum.... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Live Life in the FAST lane....
Forget the past, Embrace the FUTURE!!!!
To 4x4 or not to 4x4 thats the question....
IT'S A JEEP :yahoo: ..... You wouldn't understand....
ImageImageImage[rimg=206x128]
Mars
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Post by Mars »

Lyk uitstekend sovêr!
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by The Legend »

Baie mooi Rodger!!

Jy is veselglas se baas. :thumbup: :thumbup:

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Well today I eventually got chance to fit the mud guards to the trailer. Must still fit the lid again. Got good news from the lawyers in Natal that they have got me a duplicate copy off the trailers papers, so I will be able to take it through the test as soon as I can. :thumbup:
Attachments
27.jpg
27.jpg (62.84 KiB) Viewed 7227 times
26.jpg
26.jpg (56.66 KiB) Viewed 7227 times
24.jpg
24.jpg (67.07 KiB) Viewed 7227 times
23.jpg
23.jpg (75.89 KiB) Viewed 7227 times
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Looks really good Roger! :thumbup: The roadworthy guys will take one look at it and pass it on appearance alone! :lol:

As Pieter mentioned, longer springs give a softer, less bouncy ride. I have a little "homebuilt" trailer that's been standing unused for quite some time and pulled it out, cleaned it up for a recent hunting trip. Found that there was some rust on the chassis and that the rims were also badly rusted. Cut out the chassis rust, welded in new material and replaced the rims / tyres. I couldn't find the same rims and the ones I fitted had a wider offset. This resulted in the tyres touching the mudguards under articulation and I though about this thread of yours. The guards are fibreglass and I considered splitting them to add a 'filler strip', so making them a bit wider, but time was against me. I was about to shorten the axle instead when Tony (Firstgeer) popped past for a visit and suggested just changing it from axle over spring (AOS) to spring over axle (SOA) which would give extra height between the tyre and guard. This was a much easier option and I did it to see how it would work out. Turned out well in that the additional height was enough so that the tyre was well clear of the guard and also just cleared the guard under articulation because of the inward articulation arc. It also helped for the "nose up" stance of the trailer when hitched to the higher 4x4. Sometimes the easiest solution is right in front of our eyes but needs someone else to point it out (thanks Tony).

IMG_8938.JPG
IMG_8949.JPG

The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by The Legend »

Hi Rodger,

Dit lyk baie baie mooi.Net n vragie-hoe bestand is daardie veselglas modderskerms teen klippe.Ek dink nou maar net daaraan want in daardie wereld van julle ry julle mos grotendeels grond pad.

CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Respect. A very neat and well done job

Sent from my couch using a potato
To God be the glory
Oetie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Nissan Pathfinder 2.5cDi 4x4 auto
Club VHF Licence: X255

Post by Oetie »

Neatly done!! I like it!!
One life, live it to the fullest!!

ORRA - X255
Clubs: Hilux 4x4; Nissan-Offroad; 4x4AG
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Thanks for all the compliments.
Andy that trailer of yours looks good. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Dawie, stones should not be a big problem. I have got alu plate on the front for stones from the bakkie. They can be easily repaired if their is a problem, but the fiber glass is pretty tough and they are about 4mm thick so we will see.
Mars
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Post by Mars »

Both trailers look really good. Maybe a coat of stone-chip on the inside of the mudguards will help to protect them even better?
Thunder02

Post by Thunder02 »

Looking great :thumbup:

Andy,that trailer looks good,running nice and level :thumbup:

www.4x4direct.co.za
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

This morning I fitted the lid and a new jockey wheel. Finished painting the stone chip. I recieved the papers from the lawyer on Friday, so now I can take it to the test. Probably only at the end of the month, due to the distance to Springbok. :thumbup:
Attachments
28.jpg
28.jpg (62.04 KiB) Viewed 7170 times
29.jpg
29.jpg (61.03 KiB) Viewed 7170 times
30.jpg
30.jpg (58.3 KiB) Viewed 7170 times
31.jpg
31.jpg (69.68 KiB) Viewed 7170 times
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by The Legend »

Baie baie netjiese sleepwa Rodger.Jy het n puik stukkie werk gedoen.
Doen jouself n guns en sit twee gas skokbrekers in,dit hou die deksel aan beide kante ewe hoog as dit oop is en werk baie lekker.

Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Ja Dawie ek is van plan om te kry en in te sit, nog net nie kans gehad nie. :thumbup:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Good job, Roger! :thumbup: :thumbup: :goodjob:

b4runner
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: oregon US
Vehicle: 1981 Toyota Trekker

Post by b4runner »

Very clean trailer build.
Good to hear the lawyers were able to track down the paperwork for you :thumbup:
1981 Toyota Trekker. Full internal Roll Cage, Dual Transfer Cases (2.28x4.7) 5.29 gears = 220:1
35" Goodyear Kevlar MTR's
Masekind
Town: Lichtenburg
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux 4x4 v6, LR tank, ARB Bumper. (iJzer)

Post by Masekind »

Baie mooi gedoen
Watter badge het jy nou op is mal oor die 1 wat blink :laugh2:
If you don’t build your dreams someone else will hire you to build there’s
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Well, took the trailer to the test today. Had it weighed and the load capacity lifted. The trailer went through the test with no problems. I had to have it data dotted, took it to someone I know who does it but he could not do it today as he did not have all the goodies. He told me to take it to the other person who does it in Springbok and got it done. What worries me is that the second person is R220 cheaper than my friend. Is there no set amount, my stepson did his bakkie in Upington a few months ago at R1000, this is a total ripoff. I think people need to shop around if they need this to be done. Anyway now I can start doing the other mods that I am thinking of doing to make life easier when camping.
Modder Tekkies
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Malmesbury
Vehicle: 2.8 Gd6 Fortuner 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC252

Post by Modder Tekkies »

Oom Roger daai trailer lyk nou sommer bakgat.

Ek het 'n venter wat ek wou wegmaak, maar nou het ek nuwe planne vir hom :twisted:

Sit hoeka nou met te veel 16 duim wielle :laugh2:

Return to “Build your own:”