Merit Tyres (Hercules) - All Country LXT - ANY REVIEWS???

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
igore
Town: Windhoek
Vehicle: '93 Toyota 4x4, DC, 2.2

Merit Tyres (Hercules) - All Country LXT - ANY REVIEWS???

Post by igore »

Does anyone have any information on the above mentioned tyre?

Typically: Road noise, milage, wear & tear, personal experience?

I am planning to get a set, as these are about R500 cheaper/tyre compared to the BF Goodridge A/T.
SuidWes
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Prado 120 VX
Club VHF Licence: B35

Re: Merit Tyres (Hercules) - All Country LXT - ANY REVIEWS???

Post by SuidWes »

Got a set on my lux and have not had any issues. I 've done a number of trails and a trip to the richtersveld with no punctures and they also stay on the rim at .7 bar (Atlantis) Road noise definately more than the BF and ATX tyre.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away - George Carlin
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Get a comparative price on Cooper Discoverer ST's, you'll be surprised at their relative affordability, and even if they were a grand or two more per set they'd still be worth it! (Actually they are normally cheaper depending on R / $ exchange rates). BFG's and ATX's will give you 60 to70 k mileage ... the Coopers are imports (not *a* local rubber) and will give you almost double if not more. :thumbup: :wink:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Clarence
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Pipe Car

Post by Clarence »

If you want road noise and no stopping power on a wet road then go for it. I had a set on mhy landy and took them off because they became dangerous when towing my pipe car and must say i went to kumho kl71 and for being a mud tyre they are excellent. Lombard tyres sell then
Werner
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Fortuner 3.0D 4x4

Post by Werner »

My brother has a set on his Nissan 4x4 and he is very unhappy with it.

Road noise is 1 problem....he use to run them at 2.2 bar and it started to form "bumps" on the tyre after less than 5 000Km and was then told to run it at 2.5-2.8 bar....that is without a load.

They went away for a weekend and was doing only gravel road driving at around 80km\hand tyres deflated to 1.8 - 2.0 bar (can't remember) and the tyre completely disintegrated....he was told tyre was to soft.

And he also complains about the stopping power...before he had Bridgestone on and will go back to them.
Werner Goosen

'94 80 Series Land Cruiser

I don't know.....I don't care.....I just don't

Return to “The Workshop”