Behalwe OME watter ander shocks

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Behalwe OME watter ander shocks

Post by Spartan »

Net so vir spangees watter shocks behalwe OME beveel julle manne aan? :think: :think: :?: :?:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Behalwe OME watter ander shocks

Post by Mud Dog »

Bilstein ..... if you can afford them.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
BlumTRD
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: South Africa
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by BlumTRD »

:thumbup: TJM . Eish bietjan duur .
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

Maar wie in SA verkoop dit want op hulle site se hulle verkoop nie aan die public nie en hoeveel is baie duur?
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Toybox
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilex
Club VHF Licence: X100

Post by Toybox »

If you really wanna blow cash get yourself a set of Fox shocks. Send Ronald at TAC a mail, he can source them for you...
BlumTRD
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by BlumTRD »

TJM - La sport (2 shocks , extra long R2300 met afslag vir die wat ek op het) Bilstein (Mikem - dink op hul website , adverteer hul dit ) nie seker oor prys .
BlumTRD
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by BlumTRD »

wil also consider - Rancho shocks (snake racing , la sport ) also a place in Verwoerdburg but not sure about the name . Wil have a look .
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: worcester
Vehicle: 2700i 4x4

Post by hentey »

Jaco ,soos ek verstaan kan die bilsteins oorgedoen word,wat dit natuurlik n voorsprong bo die ander klomp gee,maar die vraag is dan weer teen watter prys kan dit oorgedoen word.As iemand daai somme kan maak,dan kan mens mos n ingeligte besluit maak.Is daar iemand wat weet?
MORNE
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Isuzu E/cab 3.0 D-tec

Post by MORNE »

Ek het Koni's op my D/cab 2002 model ek dit is n plesier om op n grondpad te ry.Ek het baie minder bodyroll ook.
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Koni's are also good. Older Monroe's were OK but don't trust the latest ones since I believe they were bought out by Armstrong some time ago.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Mikem1
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: JHB
Vehicle: Isuzu 3.0 D-tec

Post by Mikem1 »

Hi Guys.

The Bilsteins are excellent shocks as they have the gas in a seperate chamber keeping the oil under constant pressure so no foaming or cavities in the shock because of foaming.The shocks react to any oscilliation in the road keeping the wheel on the ground at all times.With regards to quality,safety and performance there is no better shock in my opinion.The shocks all bilstein B6 sport range are servicable units meaning if a seal goes anything does happen it can be replaced here in JHB by bilstein so its great value for your money you can also change the valve settings on the shock itself to make the shock harder or softer so the options one can utilize are great with regards to this product average unit price is R1850 each excl vat.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Bilstein have been 'up there' with the front runners as long as I can remember, but my heart bleeds at that price. I have often wondered about how we motorists are being exploited in terms of premium products. After all the intrinsic value, including amortised design costs cannot be more than ¼ of that price ... leaving the rest to profits of manufacturer and handlers. Still too much. :(

Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

adrenalind wrote:Hi Guys.

The Bilsteins are excellent shocks as they have the gas in a seperate chamber keeping the oil under constant pressure so no foaming or cavities in the shock because of foaming.The shocks react to any oscilliation in the road keeping the wheel on the ground at all times.With regards to quality,safety and performance there is no better shock in my opinion.The shocks all bilstein B6 sport range are servicable units meaning if a seal goes anything does happen it can be replaced here in JHB by bilstein so its great value for your money you can also change the valve settings on the shock itself to make the shock harder or softer so the options one can utilize are great with regards to this product average unit price is R1850 each excl vat.
Ou maat
nou wie is jy edit bietjie jou profile la ons ook weet wie is jy en wa kom jy. Ok kwaai, nou hoeveel lig die geitte jou bakkie of bestel jy hoeveel maar soos ek verstaan as jy verby 3" gaan dan is daar goed wat gedoen moet word op die steering en links en en en, en doen hulle die veerpak ook soos OME en wat kos daai troue as jy dit kan doen. Ek het gekyk na die Black Hawks wat goed is op die oog maar seker nie op die sak nie. En jy sê hulle is in Joburg. :think: :think: :think:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Jaco, shocks do not add lift to the suspension (unless they are gas riders coupled up to a compressor). Very basically, the function of the shocks is to absorb the momentum of the unsprung weight (both upward and downward). The speed and distance of travel are reduced, helping to keep the wheel in contact with the ground. Body rock and body roll are controlled. Without shocks the vehicle will pitch and roll violently on an undulating surface (off-road). Shocks also determine the length of outward travel allowed on the wheel / axle.
Suspension lifts (springs) and body lifts give you a raised ride.

Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

Ek sal daai gaan soek op die net en vir julle hier pos want ek het dit oor lunch tyd gelees en toe het ek ook gedink dit klink snaaks, maar sal dit gaan soek. :think: :think:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

http://www.4wd1.com/hilux_solid-axle.htm#ironman

Sorry dit was nie Bilstein nie maar wat ek hier sien lyk vir my of die shock die ding doen, kyk na die Rocho shocks
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
2.8 d/cab SFA
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

:think: I see gabriel gas shocks being advertised called Kubu. half price and gas, so can not be that bad, anyone know these shocks?
Attachments
KUBU Shock absorbers <br />Kubu shock absorbers have been in the market for a couple of years now and have been proven to be solid reliable shocks. They are Gas pressure, monotube shocks comparable to Bilstein shocks.
KUBU Shock absorbers
Kubu shock absorbers have been in the market for a couple of years now and have been proven to be solid reliable shocks. They are Gas pressure, monotube shocks comparable to Bilstein shocks.
kubushocks.jpg (7.9 KiB) Viewed 2721 times
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
Niel
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Spartan wrote:adrenalind wrote:
Hi Guys.

Ou maat
nou wie is jy edit bietjie jou profile la ons ook weet wie is jy en wa kom jy.
2.8 d/cab SFA wrote: I see gabriel gas shocks being advertised called Kubu. half price and gas, so can not be that bad, anyone know these shocks?
quote]

Hy is Darell van Mikem Suspensies - en ek kan hom en sy produkte aanbeveel en hy probeer om die beste vir die klient te gee en nie net n sale te maak nie. Sy detail is op die site of hulle advertensie is agter in die sa 4x4.Gesels gerus met hom ....hy gee ook forum lede n afslaggie :thumbup:
2.8 d/cab SFA wrote: I see gabriel gas shocks being advertised called Kubu. half price and gas, so can not be that bad, anyone know these shocks?
Kubus is seker nie die beste skokbreker nie maar ek is baie tevrede en hulle het al 47 000km gedoen :thumbup:
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Niel

Jy moet daai shocks net geel verf dan is hulle al klaar baie beter :wink:
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

Ek het van hulle op my bull-nose single cab gehad, hoop geld betaal so in 2006 maar kan nou nie se die was so wow nie maar was ook nie bad nie. Op die Morrokweng pad na Vorstershoop toe het ek met hulle en all my stopsels uit geskud, nou weet ek nie of dit die pad wat swak was of die shocks nie. Ek moet ook se ek het nie n vrag op gehad nie en ek het hom so verkoop met die Kubus en all :silent: :silent:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Mud Dog wrote:Koni's are also good. Older Monroe's were OK but don't trust the latest ones since I believe they were bought out by Armstrong some time ago.
Andy

Amstrong and Monroe were always manufactured by the same company. They just stopped producing the Amstrong brand (which I believe was the cheaper ones)

Monroe has a better warranty then Gabriel on platkar shocks. Same company that does Rancho as well. Philip from Tenaco is actually a member here.
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Kaspaas loop met 'n stel Monroe shocks wat al meer as 50 000 km op die klok het en daar is nog geen probleme met hulle nie. Hulle het die Kgalagadi se corrugations mooi ge-handle laasjaar. Ek is baie tevrede en hulle is nie te dronk geprys nie.

Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Amstrong and Monroe were always manufactured by the same company
Ok so then I must have been misinformed (or got the story twisted :D ).
Whatever, it's as you said the other day ... "never too old to learn".
Thanks.

Umvubu
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Lydenburg
Vehicle: Hilux D/C 4Y & Hilux S/C 2.4D & Musso 602EL

Post by Umvubu »

Koni, Rancho,s , Procomp, Ironman. :thumbup: NET NIE OME OPSIT NIE ! :thumbdown:
Last edited by Umvubu on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
1993 Hilux 2.4D S/C - 31" Khumo Muds , Lockers F/R , OME Suspension , Snorkel , Extended Shackles etc
1996 Ssanyong Musso 602EL - OME Suspension
Sun Chaser
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: '02Hilux Raider 3.0 KZTE 4x4. Jeep Grand Cherokee 3L V6 CRD Overland

Post by Sun Chaser »

Hi Jaco

In my opinion, none of us has the money to buy a range of shocks to fit to our vehicles and compare which one is the best. So after the guys have spent the money and fitted new shocks or suspension kits to their vehicles and im sure all see a big improvement, they will usually say those are the best and are real good shocks.
Having said that, ive recently fitted my KZTE with an iron man suspension kit, blades,torsion bars,shocks etc.
Ive definately felt a big improvement in road handling and much less body roll.I had 50mm plus increase in clearance which i measured before and after from top of wheel to wheel arch.
Overall im very happy with Iron Man. One interesting thing is, if you compare the Iron Man shocks to the OME, they are the same thing, one white and the other yellow, and as far as i know they are both made in Australia.
The choice is yours, i must say it is a difficult descision to make, but at the end of the day it is what you can comfortably afford.
Good luck.
Ian
ImageImageImageImageImage
'02 Hilux 3.0KZTE
Iron Man Suspension
Air Ride Suspension
Alu Cab Canopy
Alu Cab Rooftop Tent
Dual battery Kit
6oL LRT
BFG 31x10.5 A/T

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3L V6 CRD Overland
martinleroux
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Grootfontein
Vehicle: KZ-TE

Post by martinleroux »

Ek het 'n stel Camil's op wat nou reeds 6 trips deur Angola gedoen het sonder enige probleme.
Ek hou ook van die 'springload' wat verstel kan word.

As gevolg van laasgenoemde, verhoog hulle die ry-hoogte met ongeveer 1"

Return to “The Workshop”