HELP REPLACING BODY MOUNTS

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
JAMES399
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Alejandria Antioquia Colombia SA
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4

HELP REPLACING BODY MOUNTS

Post by JAMES399 »

After years of searching, I was finally able to purchase a set of OEM body mounts for my '03 Hilux. Despite the fact that my local Toyota dealer's parts department said that they are "no longer available."

Nineteen years of driving on our rough roads have totally collasped the original mounts to the point where the body is actually resting on the frame. Every time I hit even a small bump, it sounds like my truck is falling apart. So ... time to get on replacing the mounts.
My plan is to pull the mounting bolts (one side at a time) , jack up the body, and change them out. Sounds easy enough, but things that sound easy usually aren't.

Anybody got any speed secrets or handy tips to make the job easier ?? PLEASE let me know.

Thanks

- JAMES
niclemaitre
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 99 IFS DC 4x4

Re: HELP REPLACING BODY MOUNTS

Post by niclemaitre »

Spray everything liberally with penetrating oil for a couple of days before you start!
Happy trails
Nic

SFA '97 DC - affirmatively shopped
SFA '87 DC "Rooies" - sold
IFS '99 DC "Benny"
JAMES399
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by JAMES399 »

niclemaitre wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:21 am Spray everything liberally with penetrating oil for a couple of days before you start!
good suggestion. Will do. Thanks

- JAMES
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Had the chassis properly washed with a pressure sprayer before you start - it will prevent all the sand falling in your eyes and on you.
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
JAMES399
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by JAMES399 »

Thabogrobler wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:54 pm Had the chassis properly washed with a pressure sprayer before you start - it will prevent all the sand falling in your eyes and on you.
Thanks Thabo. I learned that the hard way. Also , now I pull a knit hat over my ears to keep the dirt out too.

- JAMES

Return to “The Workshop”