land cruiser diff lock

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Lee1989
Town: Manzini
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 2y

land cruiser diff lock

Post by Lee1989 »

hwzit guys i have a bit off a problem with a land cruiser 2010 model single cab bakkie with the diff lock. i would like to have the wiring diagram if possible. i checked thhe switch it which ive eliminated being the problem. i just am not getting any power to either the front or rear diff actuators is the a module that supplys the power or i may break in the wiring. there is power on the switch and it does indicate on the cluster.
Tristin
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: East london
Vehicle: Toyota hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC359

Re: land cruiser diff lock

Post by Tristin »

Hi there Lee
Your diff locks from my understanding should have the electric motors like of the D4d and kzte. I would started by pulling one of the actuators off and test it with a battery ,that it motors over either way and it will then eliminate that they are not shot. I had a similar problem with the kzte , it turned out I needed to replace the actuator
Baasvark
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Virginia
Vehicle: '97 D/C with all the trimmings & 2011 Troopy

Post by Baasvark »

I would suggest you pull the actuator.

Most times they need cleaning and a regrease.

Otherwise find a buddy who understands micro electrics - or a tv repairer - there's a microfarrel/farret that goes on the actuator that you can replace.

I have a chap who repairs mine when they go.

Can't pay 10k+ for an actuator.

Just beware - there is a "timing" involved on the actuator. Be sure to put it back together with this in mind.

As you have no doubt gathered I'm not too clued up on the exact process myself - but they are repairable.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Aint it ironic that "Common Sense" aint so common after all...
wim
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Vryheid
Vehicle: 95 hilux d/c Hilex

Post by wim »

Lee before you strip the actuators check the wiring from the actuator above the diff , pull the corrugated sieving away where the harness meet the chassis and pull on the wires one by one. I have fixed a couple that way already . The movement of the diff up and down breaks the wires of in the mentioned spot
ImageImageImage

Return to “The Workshop”