mk7 wheel fitment

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
dubmess
Town: Dublin
Vehicle: mk7 Hilux double cab

mk7 wheel fitment

Post by dubmess »

I recently acquired a 2013 mk7 hilux invincible 3.0, it came with 17" alloy wheels, completely stock vehicle, no modifications. I searched around (by vehicle, not size) and found these wheels : https://www.oponeo.ie/alloy-wheel/dotz- ... 0#45349211

They're 16", the website says they will fit the vehicle but they're nowhere near clearing the front calipers without 35mm spacers as the rims are stepped on the internal diameter

The company that sold them insist they should fit the vehicle and there must have been some modifications made to the vehicle rendering the wheels un-usable but i seriously doubt this as there has been no other major work so i dont see why someone would install an upgraded braking system.

My question is should 16" steel rims go straight on to a mk 7 hilux that had 17" alloys as standard or will there always be fitment issues? I have it booked in with main dealer for inspection next week to confirm the braking system is OEM and the wheels are not fit for purpose.

Just wanted to get your opinion on the issue, has anyone fitted 16"s to a hilux with ease?

Return to “The Workshop”