Hilux 3.0 D4D

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Ashl3igh
Town: FERNDALE
Vehicle: Wldtrak

Hilux 3.0 D4D

Post by Ashl3igh »

Hi All ,

Apologies if I’ve not complied with any forum rules with this being my first post. I’ve been browsing around the forum for a few months now while selling my vehicle and looking for a replacement which I’ve now found.
The vehicle : 2011 TOYOTA HILUX 3.0D-4D RAIDER 4X4 A/T P/U D/C ONLY 174622KM FSH.
I’m buying from a dealership in PTA, looks like a solid buy and pretty excited to take ownership

Is there anyone in PTA or Randburg, preferably a mechanic that I can bring the vehicle to for a thorough check for the common problems, injectors- turbo etc, prefer using someone from the forum - a lot of well experienced people here. I obviously don’t expect this to be a free service :-)

They are giving a Dekra report but I don’t really trust them anymore

Any advice / guidance/ assistance is greatly appreciated. Intend on keeping the vehicle until the wheels fall off.
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Re: Hilux 3.0 D4D

Post by Thabogrobler »

Hi Ashleigh,

Welcome to the forum!

I would refer you to Dastek to do a check and dyno run to ensure all is well.
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.

Return to “The Workshop”