D4D Hilux P0045 Error code - boost circuit open

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Jet
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2009 3.0L Hilux D/C 4x4

D4D Hilux P0045 Error code - boost circuit open

Post by Jet »

Hi there, this is my first post on the forum since joining.

My 2009 hilux is giving the P0045 error code and it won't clear from the ECU and says it is a continuous fault. The code translates to "Turbocharger / Supercharger Boost Control Solenoid Circuit / Open". I have checked the wiring to and from both the turbo actuator motor and VNT position sensor and all seems fine. The motor opens and closes when 12V is applied. Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips for pinpointing the fault or has anyone dealt with this issue too?. The service manual suggests it could be the ECM but I do not have one to swap with to see if it is that.

Thank you
Rosh Rox
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Umhlanga
Vehicle: Hilux D4D 4x4 DC

Re: D4D Hilux P0045 Error code - boost circuit open

Post by Rosh Rox »

Hi. I know this is an old post but did you come right or does anyone know the issue. I have swopped out the stepper motor, swopped out the Turbo control module, new map sensor, new maf sensor. Car drives mostly fine but sets 0045 code sometimes when cold. Boost is normal at 0.9 bar. Wiring seems ok. Have to disconnect battery is the only way to reset code. Scan tool wont delete code.

Sent from my SM-A336E using Tapatalk

manarc73
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 3.0D-4D D/C 4x4

Re: D4D Hilux P0045 Error code - boost circuit open

Post by manarc73 »

Middag. My trok ook begin met die kode. Kry nerens `n definitiewe antwoord. Workshops wil net van `n kant af begin parte vervang.
Is julle CAT's uitgehaal? Op die stadium is my volgende aksie om die hele intake skoon te maak en dan die EGR te blank.

Return to “The Workshop”