Door open warning light

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
FredSRX
Town: Parklands
Vehicle: 2012 D4D Raider

Door open warning light

Post by FredSRX »

I have a 2021 Hilux d4d. While driving, the door open warning light comes on. Does anyone know what the most like cause is?
pieta.swanepoel
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Hilux 2.4 GD-6 SR 4x4 SC

Re: Door open warning light

Post by pieta.swanepoel »

Fred, I would guess that of the press switch is not properly deactivated - not pressed in deep enough. Or some loose wiring connector at the switch.
Also have a look at the bonnet switch. My previous bakkies (2013 SRX) bonnet switch didn't press in deep enough, so I added an extra piece of rubber to force it to deactivate. Problem solved.
Groot berge en lang grondpaaie
Bear
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 2200 Raider D/Cab 4x4 - SFA

Re: Door open warning light

Post by Bear »

Have passengers and when the light comes on ask each one individually to pull the door tight. If the light goes off, then it is that door switch which is troublesome. Then as Pieta stated stick an extra piece of rubber where the door meets the switch. Builders warehouse or some hardware stores sells these small rubbers, not for that purpose though, for under table legs, etc.
Travel is not really about leaving our homes, but leaving our habits.
Adventure tends to magnify all human emotions.
It's only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

Return to “The Workshop”