LN65 Hilux Brake Booster

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
faiyaz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: lusaka
Vehicle: toyota hilux ln65 4x4 dlx s/c

LN65 Hilux Brake Booster

Post by faiyaz »

Hi all :wave: , recently I noticed a slight hissing sound coming from the engine bay after I switch off my Hilux. After some looking I noticed my master cylinder was leaking and the hissing was coming from there. I've managed to find a replacement master cylinder but I'm not sure if I need to replace the booster too. According Google it's just the gasket between the booster and master cylinder that has given way, I'm guessing due to the brake fluid leak. Causing the hissing. But I'm not sure, has anyone experienced this? The booster seems to be working fine. Brake pedal goes down after the engine is turned on. Any advice is welcome!
On another forum i read that the gasket does not make a complete seal, and the master cylinder has a drain groove which needs to be kept clear. Is it normal for the booster output pushrod to not be fully sealed, as thats where the hissing comes from.
Attachments
1.jpg
hilux raider ln65 4x4 s/c
Chops
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C

Re: LN65 Hilux Brake Booster

Post by Chops »

My 2004 2.7 also has a hissing sound, associated with braking.

I have not investigated the origin yet.

I don't hear it while driving, most probably due to road noise.

I hear it mostly when stopping at home.

The vehicle only has 121 000 km on the clock, but the master cylinder has been replaced, due to rust forming inside of the master cylinder / booster gasket, and brakes not releasing fully.

Will be following, and give feedback when I find a cause.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
faiyaz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: lusaka
Vehicle: toyota hilux ln65 4x4 dlx s/c

Re: LN65 Hilux Brake Booster

Post by faiyaz »

I see, has the vehicles braking ability been reduced after you started hearing the hissing sound?

Please do keep us updated 👍
hilux raider ln65 4x4 s/c

Return to “The Workshop”