Question I-drive

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC112

Question I-drive

Post by Pumba »

I have 2010 3.0 D4D Hilux 4x4 double cab auto. I absolutely hate the pedal response when you want to pull away fast. I am not keen on a chip and therefore I'm considering the I-drive to solve the problem.

Does anyone have this device installed on their auto? Feedback and comments please

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Jesus was blunt: "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you let God do it." Mark 10:27(Message)

Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC112

Re: Question I-drive

Post by Pumba »

So, as a matter of interest (not that there was much shown here :siffler: ) but hopefully, it helps someone else.

I went ahead and bought the I-Drive. It was easy to install, and for the past two weeks, I've been experimenting with it. I find it has solved the problem that I wanted to sort out. Between the various settings, there is much to play with. In Eco 9 mode, it's terribly slow, but it's said this is very helpful in deep sand, so I will wait and see how this goes at the first opportunity. I haven't used Ultra mode much yet, but the response it insane! I have mostly driven in Auto and Eco mode over the last week, and although it seems to be a bit touchy at times, I find this to be a good general setting.

What about the fuel consumption, you ask? Well, we drove out to Britannia bay over the long weekend, and going there, I drove on auto mode. Overtaking was a breeze, and it drove quite nicely. Fuel consumptions were 9km/l on the computer

Coming back, I drove in Eco 0 mode. I find it to be slightly more responsive to the standard mode, and consumption was 9.9km/l.

In town, I get 6.8km/l n Auto mode and 7.4km/l on Echo 0 mode.

The main thing for me was to eliminate lag on the pedal response, and for that, I have to give this little device 10/10. Works beautifully at the moment and was definitely worth the money.
Jesus was blunt: "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you let God do it." Mark 10:27(Message)

Return to “The Workshop”