2011 hilux d4d 4x4 brakes go into antilock in wet

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
zacky246
Town: melbourne
Vehicle: 2011toyota sr hilux 4x4

2011 hilux d4d 4x4 brakes go into antilock in wet

Post by zacky246 »

Hi all just joined and thanks to the admins for allowing me to join. I have 2011 hilux sr 4x4 diesel and i have a problem with brakes in the wet they see to go into antilock mode where the car will just shutter and slide have replaced tyres from mud to a/t and still happens any suggestion would be appreciated
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Re: 2011 hilux d4d 4x4 brakes go into antilock in wet

Post by Thabogrobler »

Welcome!

Easy fix - don't break so hard! In the wet you must be gentle on the brakes or the abs will be activated.

Also if you have oversize rims and tyres fitted it will influence braking negatively.
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
zacky246
Town: melbourne
Vehicle: 2011toyota sr hilux 4x4

Re: 2011 hilux d4d 4x4 brakes go into antilock in wet

Post by zacky246 »

thanks for the reply but this happens with very little pressure on brakes and previously had muddies was bad and changed to bridgestone duelers a/t on 15" rims and now running a/t on standard 16" rims can understand if braking hard the abs but seems that they come on most time and only in the wet

Return to “The Workshop”