Toyota KZTE Throttle body

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
janfritz
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE Raider 4x4

Toyota KZTE Throttle body

Post by janfritz »

I am Jan Fritz and are looking for help with error code 15 on a 2001 HiLux KZTE 4x4 with electronic throttle, no accelerator cable.
Error 15 refer to the throttle control motor.
I can't hear the actuator at times, when switching on and off. I was wondering if somebody has got the test procedure for the electronic throttle and the legend on electronic plug(big grey one)Pin out, and test procedure for throttle body.
The workshop manual I got just cover the KZTE engine with mechanical throttle control.
This vehicle go into limp mode with no power and sluggish to rev up, and engine light on.

If i start the vehicle and immediately take the revs above 1500 rpm, the engine rev perfect and the engine light remain off, until such time as it the revs are allowed to get to 1400 and idle rpm, the engine light will come on and sluggish to rev up. I can only retrieve one error code namely 15.
I have replaced the diesel filter, and cleaned the throttlebody.
Any help will be appreciated.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Toyota KZTE Throttle body

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome Jan! :thumbup:

Maybe this will help ....
https://mafiadoc.com/dtc-14-15-ignition ... 123dc.html

Hope you come right.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
janfritz
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE Raider 4x4

Re: Toyota KZTE Throttle body

Post by janfritz »

Thanx Mud Dog this however is a diesel. Code 15 was retrieved by bridging the diagnostic block in engine bay. 1 Blink and a pause with 5 blinks.
I however checked the throttle flap with the intake off and hardly any movement on throttle flap when cycling ignition switch. If something happen it is a half hearted noisy affair. I suspect the throttle body motor is kaput, and one cannot get the motor loose only complete throttle body for an arm and a leg.

Return to “The Workshop”