Alarm triggered intermittently on my 2,5 d4d

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Alarm triggered intermittently on my 2,5 d4d

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Hopefully a member out there can assist me with my alarm issue.
I own a 2006 2,5 d4d single cab 4x4 .I understand that my model vehicle has an alarm which is only activated by the door switches
and does not have any other devices such as sonic or movement sensors to trigger the alarm.
I installed a bonnet switch which I connected into the door switch circuitry about 5 years ago .During the last month or two,the alarm would go off at intermittent times.I firstly disconnected the bonnet switch which i thought could be the cause but the problem persisted.
I checked the door switches and readjusted the doors but the problem persisted.I also isolated the wiring to the door switches and the problem is still there.
Where is the alarm module situated and does it have a possible sensitive setting.
Is it possible that the alarm module is faulty.
What else could be the problem .
Are there any other inputs like sonar etc which I am unaware of.

Also I must add that the remote works 100 percent as far as locking and unlocking the vehicle and arming and disarming.
I also confirm that one of the tests I performed to test the door switches is that the alarm wont activate if the door is open and also that the alarm goes off should I manually trigger it by opening the door through an open window whilst the alarm is set.
pieta.swanepoel
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Hilux 2.4 GD-6 SR 4x4 SC

Re: Alarm triggered intermittently on my 2,5 d4d

Post by pieta.swanepoel »

My bonnet sensor caused my alarm to trigger. Not pressing in deep enough. I stuck a piece of rubber to the bonnet in order for the switch to be fully pressed. Problem sorted.
My alarm sensor is located in the engine bay. But suspect yours will be different. Maybe look at fiches.
Groot berge en lang grondpaaie

Return to “The Workshop”