Gearshift when cold.

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
janwillemz
Town: New Germany
Vehicle: Hilux sc

Gearshift when cold.

Post by janwillemz »

My 2018 Hilux with 37000km on is hard to shift for first 5km. After that almost normal. Downshift is always good. It does not grind but hard to shift from first to sec from second to third and j to fifth. The clutch was noisy when hot and Toyota said it is the pressure plate. They replaced clutch kit and filled grarbox with synthetic oil. Clutch is now wuiet and gearshift 80 perc better but still not normal. Lady at Toyota told me that i must realize it is a com.ercial vehickle shen i collected it....not a nice answer. They put 75w90 oil in the box. I am considering to put castrol bot 402 75w85 in the box and see if it solves it? Anyone with advice? A new box is 47 000.00 from Toyota... And they told me they have to import one from Japan. It is still under warranty.

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Re: Gearshift when cold.

Post by The Legend »

No it is not acceptable. Contact the Toyota factory and request that a fabrick repensentive visit you. The dealers is busy spin you a story.
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”

Return to “The Workshop”