4JX1 Engines

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Stallion
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Dar Es Salaam
Vehicle: Hilux Raider YN67R, South African Specification

4JX1 Engines

Post by Stallion »

Good Evening Giuys,

I hope all well at your ends by the Grace of the Almighty.

I refer to the above subject matter.

I have come across another Isuzu 4JX1, and problem is, it gives out odour of Diesel when running, no leaks on the Fuel Lines, Fuel Filter, Tank & Primary Fuel Pump. No Diesel Leakage visible in the Engine Bay, but can smell Diesel when idling. Exhaust Gas seems to be richer in Diesel according to my inspection. I understand these engines use the Hydraulic Electronic Unit Injectors. Now with my inspection of Exhaust Gas being richer in Diesel Fuel, and no Diesel leaks seen, means that the Injectors are spraying excessive Diesel?

I understand that Isuzus 4JX1 uses Tech 2 Diagnosis equipment, am I right? Now how do i go about solving this issue?

Your assistance and co-operation on this will highly be appreciated.

N.B: I understand this forum discuses Hilux only, therefore, this maybe off topic?

Regards
Shermohamed
Stallion
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Dar Es Salaam
Vehicle: Hilux Raider YN67R, South African Specification

Re: 4JX1 Engines

Post by Stallion »

Good evening to you all.

I hope all well at your end by the grace of the Almighty.

As per my research, I've come across the possiblity of having worn out Injector Sleeves, that cause the Diesel smell in the Engine Bay on the 4JX1 series, hence we will be removing the Injectors and the Sleeves once we've ordered the parts, as the Injector Sleeves for this engine aren't available in Tanzania.

Thought of sharing this with you.

Regards
Shermohamed

Return to “The Workshop”