Dicktator experts?

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
hannesnel
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Grahamstown
Vehicle: 1992 Hilux Surf 7MGE

Dicktator experts?

Post by hannesnel »

Good day to all

I am desperately looking for any Dicktator (practical) experts to ask them advice - specifically on a 7MGE. And even more specifically dizzy teeth, low impendace injectors and wiring.

If any of you guys have contact details for someone like Mr.B, Louisz, etc. please PM me their contact details?

Or get them to Whatsapp me on 063 233 5817 please?

Any, and I mean ANY aid will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Hannes Nel
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Dicktator experts?

Post by Mud Dog »

Why don't you just e-mail or PM them directly?

If you look at their profiles, at the bottom you will see "Contact" and a 'word bubble' with 3 dots inside ..... click on the bubble and you have the option of either PM of e-mail. :winkx:

0C.JPG
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
hannesnel
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by hannesnel »

Hi Mud Dog

I have tried a couple of members that are still active - no response. So I was hoping someone here on the forum might have contact details of some of the Dicktator experts that are longer active here on this forum.
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

You can try contacting Dylan ..... memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3443
But be warned that he is a very busy guy which has forced him to have a lot less time on the forum. Nonetheless, very knowledgeable, especially around ECU's, mapping them and fine tuning. If you ever come through to EL you should look him up.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Try Chris Dicks at Dictator themselves. (011) 425 3267
Or you can find Louis at 4x4 Direct in Centurion. 012-653-3208
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
hannesnel
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by hannesnel »

Thanks Guys, for the help offered so far. it is much appreciated.

I managed to build my own harness and installed the whole thing over the weekend. It battles a bit to start, and when it does, it won't idle. I've got to keep my foot on the accelerator - and then it idles very rough.
I suspect timing and fuel- and ignition maps. But is impossible to check the timing with light under these circumstances.

I need to get this vehicle going to the extent that I can take it to a tuner - maybe Dylan in EL? Or somebody that knows what the are doing in PE?

Any ideas and suggestion would be welcome?
hannesnel
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by hannesnel »

Mud Dog, can you perhaps PM me Dylan's contact details or business details if you've got it?
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Can do. :winkx:

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

hannesnel wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:56 am

I managed to build my own harness and installed the whole thing over the weekend. It battles a bit to start, and when it does, it won't idle. I've got to keep my foot on the accelerator - and then it idles very rough.
I suspect timing and fuel- and ignition maps. But is impossible to check the timing with light under these circumstances.
At the time the Dicktator I got was already mapped, but had a similar problem. Turned the dizzy and tuned the timing by ear. Also had to pull the dizzy out and turn the gear one tooth up to get to the required range. You can also fine tune the timing in the software, but I got very close by just turning the dizzy.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Hammes I gave you Louis's number in my previous post.
Or you can find Louis at 4x4 Direct in Centurion. 012-653-3208
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “The Workshop”