short throw shifter kit for 2003 hilux 4x4

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
JAMES399
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Alejandria Antioquia Colombia SA
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4

short throw shifter kit for 2003 hilux 4x4

Post by JAMES399 »

I want to purchase a short throw shifter kit for my 2003 Hilux 4x4 with the 2RZ-FE 4 cyl engine. I believe my truck has the Aisin W59 5-speed trans. Who makes the best short throw kit for this truck ??

- JAMES
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: short throw shifter kit for 2003 hilux 4x4

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi James. From my experience with the local guys and their modifications, no-one seems to attach any importance to that kind of modification here. Best would be see what's available from the USA, they love doing all those fancy things to their vehicles.

The other option available to you is to shorten your existing stick a bit. You could probably also get a good 2nd hand one and send that one in to an engineering shop to have it cut shorter, a new taper cut and end threaded. That way you have no significant downtime. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “The Workshop”