Help! No power

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC112

Help! No power

Post by Pumba »

I was installing the wiring for my new bull bar park lights and flickers on my 2010 D4D Hilux and everything was fine until I did the left side one.. I suspect the fuse is blown but I cannot figure out which fuse it is. All the lights work on the main light except the park lights. I've used the same earth for both the flicker and the parks and the flicker works but the parks not. No power on the "live" for the park light.

Nothing else seems to be affected(everything works). :frustrated:

From what I can see in the book it should be fuse no4 (2010 Hilux D4D) but that fuse is fine. :surrender:

Any suggestions :subscribed:
Jesus was blunt: "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you let God do it." Mark 10:27(Message)

Poffie
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: George
Vehicle: Hilux SFA

Re: Help! No power

Post by Poffie »

Hi Pumba.
Take a test light put the crocodile clamp on earth then test it on battery positive to make sure your test light is working properly. Then switch ignition on. On the back of the blade fuses is normally small exposed metal dots check for power on both sides. If you have power on one side you must have power on the other side as well. If you don’t have the tools to do it. Remove the fuses one by one and visually inspect them you will clearly see the burned fuse. Hope this help 😉

Return to “The Workshop”