2005 Hilux 4.0 v6 cylinder head gasket blown

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Matrox
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Paarl
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux 4.0 v6 4x4, 2017 Ford Ecosport. 2013 Hilux 3l D4D double cab 4x2

2005 Hilux 4.0 v6 cylinder head gasket blown

Post by Matrox »

Hello all

I have a 2005 hilux v6 with almost 240 000km on it. After reading some posts on the forum I am convinced that my head gaskets is blown. I would appreciate it if the boys can assist me to some advice as to where I can seek a good workshop to assist me with this problem please. If there is anyone who had this problem your experience would be much appreciated. looking forward to your comments.

Thanks
Ronaldo :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Tim86
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux

Re: 2005 Hilux 4.0 v6 cylinder head gasket blown

Post by Tim86 »

Allan Venter, close to you in Brackenfell - 0seven2 1two9 1one6zero
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Hi Ronaldo,

Sorry to hear that your Hilux suffered possibly a failed headgasket.

There was a design change in the headgaskets in the 1st quarter of 2006 on the V6 engine. You will notice that most of the headgasket failures that happened at higher mileage on these engines are mostly pre 2006 models or .. Due to the fact that the gasket was redesigned and changed. However today if you order the Original gaskets they only supply the new gaskets and the older part number is super ceeded into the new part no. Thus you will only get the new stronger gaskets from Toyota..

These engines still however sometimes suffer head gasket failures and it is attributed to overheating and poor cooling system maintenance. The engine is brilliant, but needs to be kept in top shape to last a long time trouble free.

Lots of water pump failures are also linked to wrong anti freeze used and also not replacing the coolant at the specified intervals. Thus it is always paramount on these engines to keep a watchful eye on keeping it in tip top shape to prevent these problems.

Speak to Allan Venter he should be able to sort you out.
Johan Marais
Matrox
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Paarl
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux 4.0 v6 4x4, 2017 Ford Ecosport. 2013 Hilux 3l D4D double cab 4x2

Post by Matrox »

Thank you for the response. I am very happy with my bakkie and not planning to get rid of it any time soon despite everyone asking me about my fuel consumption. I have done business with Allan before with my previous bakkie about 6 or 7 years ago. I was under the impression that he closed his workshop. I will definitely give him a call.

Thanks

Return to “The Workshop”