Parts importation from South Africa

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Stallion
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Dar Es Salaam
Vehicle: Hilux Raider YN67R, South African Specification

Parts importation from South Africa

Post by Stallion »

Evening Mud Dog,

Hope all well at your end by the grace of the Almighty.

I was wondering, how would parts importation from South Africa to Tanzania work. If at all I happened to require a part or parts that wouldn't be available here in Tanzania, how could we work together to import them into Tanzania.

You remember how long the Distributor took from Australia, almost 3 months through easybuy Africa, so I wouldn't want to go through that again.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Regards
Shermohamed
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Parts importation from South Africa

Post by Mud Dog »

I have no experience in that department, so I think you're asking the wrong guy. Hopefully someone else here has some info.

I would imagine that you could work through one of the larger, more reputable dealerships and get them to ship it to you. I was thinking that you should contact TSA (Toyota South Africa) , I doubt that would help you directly but they might be able to steer you in the right direction and put you into contact with the right people.

You can contact TSA by email through their website here .... http://www.toyota.co.za/mobi/get-in-touch

Or you can contact Imperial Toyota parts dept. here .... https://www.imperialtoyota.co.za/page/toyotacare-parts

Hope that helps or that someone else has a brighter more practical idea. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Stallion
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Stallion »

Evening Mud Dog,

Thank you for your quick response on this, and will surely get in touch with Toyota South Africa, and see what they have to offer, and at the same time, I shall try and seek for a more larger or reliable company that would be able to get me parts on time whenever required.

Regards
Sher Mohammed
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Hi Sher Mohammed,

I would suggest you look into getting yourself an Aramex global shipping account. Then you can import from most countries in the world. Toyota Parts you can source from Amayama also which have a warehouse in UAE and in Japan. Very helpful and effecient.
I would go that route to get parts for your vehicle from Australia, UAE and Japan via Aramex.

Relying on post these days is becoming a big issue in 3rd world countries. Rather have it sent via private couriers. More costly, but much more effective and sometimes they duties and taxes are less as they are calculated correctly and not thumb sucked.

Here is the link to Aramex, maybe pop them an email and ask them what options they have for you in TZ.

https://www.aramexglobalshopper.com/en/home
Johan Marais
Stallion
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Stallion »

Evening Johan Marias,

Thank you for your advice, I'll surely be looking into them.

Regards
Sher Mohammed

Return to “The Workshop”