Hilux replacement radio / Steering controls and onboard. DESPERATE!

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
jdreyer77
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux

Hilux replacement radio / Steering controls and onboard. DESPERATE!

Post by jdreyer77 »

Hi there,

Looking for some advice please. I removed a Caska radio from my 2009 Hilux as I was not happy with functionality and radio does not support RCA output etc (older version). Anyway, I replaced the radio with one that I bought 5 years ago on Ebay and looks the same as the ones you can buy on Stopshop. Had it in my 2007 Hilux and worked like a charm. However, I am now missing the harness for the steering control (2007 did not need this function)l. I found one that connects on it though although I had to make it fit. The one needed is a 16 pin and could only find a 10 pin. The 10 pin however covers all the pins on the layout I require i.e. Key 1, Key 2 and GND.

My problem is no matter how I connect the pins I get either no reading or a reading jumping between digits eg 143/144 or 225/224 etc so I can not assign it to a function... Besides this, the onboard computer stop working. I have no functionality from the steering wheel however when pressing the info on the display it works, this all since I unplugged the Caska radio.

The harness I disconnected have 4 wires. From what I could find thus far I need the 3 next to each other (see picture) and the purple is open. Every car installer I have been to say they do not use the purple ever. However on the Caska unit the purple wire connected to 5v out, which tells me this might be the wire needed for the onboard? I was also told not to connect the wrong wire to the purple as this might blow the onboard computer. I have been to 5 Stereo installers and even Toyota themselves and no one can give me a definite answers on why the onboard is not working and what the purple wire is for. The cruise control etc is working fine....

Can anyone please tell me what am I doing wrong and on the attached photo what wire is supposed to do what? I have now spent over R500 just on advice and installers to have a look and yet I am not 1 step closer. The only worthwhile advice thus far was that the Blue wire is GND, White and Red Key 1 and Key 2 and do not touch purple.... however I have had no luck thus far and can honestly not think that it can be that difficult! I have the radio pin layout... I only need to match it to the car's and get the onboard working again. The radio does have a 3.3v output - should this maybe go to the purple wire? Some installers also mentioned I need a the Canbus harness?? Is this true? How does this harness differ from the normal one i.e. plain wires?

Looking forward to hear from the experts here....

TX!
Attachments
20160707_214827.jpg
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Re: Hilux replacement radio / Steering controls and onboard. DESPERATE!

Post by Hilux 1 »

they said dont touch Purple, i see an index finger.....................

sorry just had too :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
jdreyer77
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by jdreyer77 »

Anyone please?
I am really desperate here.
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Post by Mars »

Is jy dood seker van die pinouts op die radio? maw stem hulle ooreen met die posisie van die drade op die plug?
jdreyer77
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by jdreyer77 »

100%.

Ek weet blou is grond. So dan los dit my met rooi en wit vir switch 1 en 2. Maar hy bly dood en die pers draad bekommer my want die onboard word deur hom beheer. tans is die hele stuurwiel dood. Ek kan verstaan die volume ens werk dalk nie met radio nie maar hoe kry ek die onboard aan die gang.
Jaco Mulder
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Gauteng
Vehicle: 2011 Toyota Hilux D4D Double Cab

Post by Jaco Mulder »

Het jy toe reggekom met die problem? Ek sit nou met dieselfde problem.
jdreyer77
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by jdreyer77 »

Nee jong - ek ry nog al die tyd sonder dit. Geen steering control nie en kon tot nou nerens so harness kry nie
Hannes Meyer
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Aranos Namibia
Vehicle: Hilux V6 4.L d/c 4x4 Automatic 2014 , Land Cruiser pick-up 2012, L/Cruiser Pick up 2023

Post by Hannes Meyer »

Dagse, het enige iemand al meer inligting oor die stuurwiel drade.
Ek het 2014 Hilux v6. Drade se kleur verskil en ek kry geen inligting op internet wat help.
My bakkie het Grys, Swart, Rooi en laaste draad is ek nie seker of dit lig geel of wit is nie.

Enige inligting sal help. Dankie.
Hannes Meyer
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Aranos Namibia
Vehicle: Hilux V6 4.L d/c 4x4 Automatic 2014 , Land Cruiser pick-up 2012, L/Cruiser Pick up 2023

Post by Hannes Meyer »

More, Jammer my drade wat ek na gekyk het is verkeerde plug. dit is 'n plug met net daardie 4 drade, waarvoor dit is weet ek nog nie. Die plug met die steering control drade is in 'n plug met 28 pin plug. Met 'n klomp drade ek neem aan die telefoon en ander kontrole ook. maar ek gebruik nie die plug op die nuwe radio. So van die plug sal dan net die control drade gebruik word. Wat ek op internet kon agterkom moet dit Blou- grond, Wit- Key1, Rooi-Key2, wees.
is daar iemand wat net kan bevestig of meer weet asb. Dankie.

Return to “The Workshop”