Help needed please - How to install a BMW electric fan

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Werner
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Fortuner 3.0D 4x4

Help needed please - How to install a BMW electric fan

Post by Werner »

Hi All,

My dad has 22R Hilux....he bought a BMW fan and want to install it.

He has 2 questions:
1. Where is the best place to fit the temp switch for the fan?
2. He is not sure about where to connect what on the relay...can anybody please help with this?

Thanks
Werner
Werner Goosen

'94 80 Series Land Cruiser

I don't know.....I don't care.....I just don't
BLACK BEAUTY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Gauteng
Vehicle: TOYOTA SURF

Re: Help needed please - How to install a BMW electric fan

Post by BLACK BEAUTY »

8 )
Hi
I have the 1988 Hilux SFA and I have removed the viscous fan and installed an electric fan from a 2005 corsa. I have used the Opel 3 pin radiator fan switch, 2 of the pins are the switch and the 3rd is a straight through circuit with a manual switch, the radiator fan switch is fitted to a +- 50mm pipe that i have put near the thermostat housing. My hole circuit is a stand alone circuit outside the standard harness. I have a + wire fused to supply the switch and to the manual override switch, the radiator fan has been mounted directly to the Hilux fan cowling with four 6mm bolts and +- 50mm washers on either side. The corsa fan bracket needed to be trimmed here and there in order to get the fitment correct, I have not had any over heating problems and it has worked well for the past 2 or 3 years. I have a slight vibration in the body when the fan switches on but not to worried about it, it's letting me know that the fan is actually working.

Hope this helps you.
:thumbup:

Return to “The Workshop”