Hilux D4D 3.0 Rear wheel bearings

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
ruppingdeon
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: Hilux D4D 3.0

Hilux D4D 3.0 Rear wheel bearings

Post by ruppingdeon »

Hi Guys

Some help please.
My D4D 3.0 2008 Hilux 4x2 rear wheel bearings needs to be replaced.
Is this a complete hub that I buy or separate bearings that needs to be pressed in and out?
And what is the part numbers ? Nobody can really give me a real indication on the part number nor if its a hub or plain bearing.
Please Help.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Hilux D4D 3.0 Rear wheel bearings

Post by Mud Dog »

Individual bearings. And do the seals as well at the same time. Get only Toyota seals, not pirate. You should be able to get the bearings from BearingMan (take a sample with you), but be sure to get decent quality .... Timkin or SKF.

Don't know the part numbers but the spares dept. of your local dealership should be able to help you with that.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
maurits
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: deventer
Vehicle: VW Taro 4x4 diesel

Post by maurits »

Both my rear seals are leaking. Do I need to mark the position of the splines realtive to the differential (say 12 oclock), so as to preserve the original mating surfaces of the spline?
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Not really necessary .... workshops won't bother with that. However there is possibly some small merit in doing so IRO minimising incremental wear over time. Your positions are going to have to be accurate to relocate 32 splines in the same position though.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “The Workshop”