Cederberg Advice

Planning a trip or you need information about trails in your area.
Alibaba
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: 1992 2.2 petrol Hilux DC. Stock-standard bakkie, hanggat, OME leaf springs, Gabriel Safari shocks, BF Goodrich KM2.

Cederberg Advice

Post by Alibaba »

Hi everybody

I'm looking for someone who knows the Cederberg very well, because I need to plan a good weekend route through there. Any advice?

Cheers

Ali
Alibaba

"In a city you don't live. You just show off." Herman Charles Bosman

ImageImageImageImage
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Re: Cederberg Advice

Post by pietpetoors »

Gaan ons dan saam?
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Re: Cederberg Advice

Post by pietpetoors »

Ali, my favorite route from Langebaan is to go to Clanwilliam via Elandsbay and Graafwater. From Clanwilliam to Wupperthal, Eselbank and then stay over at Sanddrif. The next day spend time at Sanddrif to walk through the sandstone formations. From there you can also visit the caves. Then from there you take the road back to Op Die Berg and Ceres. The Cederberg has so much to offer and so much to see but one have to consider the distance you travel if it is only for the weekend since you want to see as much beauty as possible in the shortest distance.

We once did that from the Ceres side I wrote something about it at
http://www.africatrips.co.za/cape-town- ... ound-trip/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whenever I get friends or family who do not know the Cape I take them on that route. I did it all in one day twice now, but it is too much, you end up just driving and only get back home at 22h00
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “Places to go”