Favourite phone numbers list on multimedia radio

If you drive a 4x2 Hilux, do NOT think you are not welcome. Post your questions here
schalkjk
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux Legend50

Favourite phone numbers list on multimedia radio

Post by schalkjk »

I recently bought a new Legend 50.
Have been driving the vehicle now for about 2 weeks. There is one issue that I just can't get to the bottom of.

When you paired your device/phone with the multimedia system, you are able to transfer your contacts to the multimedia system and then set up favourite numbers that you frequently dial. Something like a speed dial.
These numbers are separate from the favourites/speed dial numbers that you might have configured on your phone.

For some reason, the favourites that I add to the system gets lost after 24hours. And it's not an overnight reset. Its 24hours. This means that I need to reconfigure the favourites to the multimedia system. It's also not a reset of the whole system. It keeps my device/phone settings and transferred numbers and auto connects my phone every time I get into the vehicle.

Has anyone experienced this? And how did you solve it?

Thoughts would be appreciated.
Tristin
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: East london
Vehicle: Toyota hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC359

Re: Favourite phone numbers list on multimedia radio

Post by Tristin »

Evening I've had the same problem with the works vehicle GD6. I don't use the favorites option as it is always incorrect. If I try search for a contact to phone, on the multimedia system it doesn't show the contacts in alphabetical order neither.
I have asked other gents about it and seems to be a common problem ,hopefully the new face-lift thats soon to arrive will be different
schalkjk
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by schalkjk »

Just an update on this.
Took it to the Dealership for some diagnostics. They picked up some error/faults on the unit and will be replacing it.
The new Panasonic unit will take about 2 weeks.
Will see how it behaves once fitted
schalkjk
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by schalkjk »

Just some fedabck on this issue.

I was issues with a new Radio device on the vehicle under Warranty.
The new device does exactly the same.
This leads me to believe that the issue is with the mobile device. Even though I tested with multiple different devices, they were all Huawei smartphones. And they were all dual Sim active phones. I would like to have tested this with a Samsung Dual Sim active phone to establish if its due to the Dual Sim Band or just the fact that its the Huawei Smart Devices.
schalkjk
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by schalkjk »

I have managed to test again. This time with another Huawei device. Single Sim this time. Same exact problem.
It would seem that the Huawei devices doesnt fully integrate with the multimedia system on this vehicle at all.

Return to “4x2 Hilux's Welcome”