Side Steps

If you drive a 4x2 Hilux, do NOT think you are not welcome. Post your questions here
kevald77
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Raider D/C 3L D4D 2011 model

Side Steps

Post by kevald77 »

I want to buy second hand side steps for my 2011 Hilux Raider D/C. A friend is selling his sides steps from his 2016 Fortuner. Does anyone know if it would fit my Hilux?
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Side Steps

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome Kevin. :thumbup:

Maybe someone else can give you a more definite answer but I think the chassis rails are very similar and It might even fit as a straight bolt on. I'm just not certain.

If however the price is good you are a handy DIY type, you can modify the mountings to make it fit without too much hassle.

I should also mention that if you are a keen off-roader (your profile doesn't say if your vehicle is 4x4), then the original aluminium type sidesteps are very likely to get damaged and you should fit a set of rock-slider sidesteps instead.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Hi Kevin,
Sadly they will not fit .
Welcome to the forum.
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
kevald77

Post by kevald77 »

Thunder02 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:53 am Hi Kevin,
Sadly they will not fit .
Welcome to the forum.
Thank for the response. Appreciate it.
kevald77

Post by kevald77 »

Mud Dog wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:34 am Welcome Kevin. :thumbup:

Maybe someone else can give you a more definite answer but I think the chassis rails are very similar and It might even fit as a straight bolt on. I'm just not certain.

If however the price is good you are a handy DIY type, you can modify the mountings to make it fit without too much hassle.

I should also mention that if you are a keen off-roader (your profile doesn't say if your vehicle is 4x4), then the original aluminium type sidesteps are very likely to get damaged and you should fit a set of rock-slider sidesteps instead.
Not at all an off-roader yet so the normal side steps will do for now. Thank you for your advice. much appreciated!

Return to “4x2 Hilux's Welcome”