Squeek Newly bought bakkie

If you drive a 4x2 Hilux, do NOT think you are not welcome. Post your questions here
jphilix
Town: tupi
Vehicle: Hilux 2017 4x2G

Squeek Newly bought bakkie

Post by jphilix »

I just got my hilux last week and its been raining non stop here . Is it normal to hear squeek sound when I apply break + turning the wheel?
it only happens when I am going to park since I have to full turn the wheel and apply full break at the same time or when I do a reverse then do a full break
also got stuck on a mud last time
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Squeek Newly bought bakkie

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Jef, This is not normal for a new vehicle but art the same time not unheard of. Being new and under guarantee. I would not try resolve it myself or the dealer might accuse you of tampering and not cover any repair that might be necessary.

Rather take it to them and let them assess the problem. They might say that it's nothing to worry about and the suspension or brakes just need to settle in (it sounds more like brakes to me). If that happens, insist on them making a record of your complaint and give you a written copy. Also ask them to tell you at what mileage to bring the vehicle back if the problem persists and record the names of the person/s you deal with.

Good luck.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
jphilix
Town: tupi
Vehicle: Hilux 2017 4x2G

Re: Squeek Newly bought bakkie

Post by jphilix »

thanks the breaks seems so settle after continuous using. I would still have it check though just to be sure

Return to “4x2 Hilux's Welcome”