Bundutec electric rooftop tent

Your view on different camping gear, off-road trailers and nice non-electronic gadgets
doggone
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux 4X4 3.0 D4D

Bundutec electric rooftop tent

Post by doggone »

So after 10 yesrs5 of using a Howling Moon tourer I finally realised that it was too difficult to set up and specially difficult to get packed away. I started researching other options and came across the Bundutec tents made in SA.

I was planning to fo a 9 day mtb stage race and would be leaving my wife to pack up and drive to the next location each day so ease op setting up and packing is extremely important.

I checked online but there were not many reviews so I paid them a visit.DJ and his dad were very helpful and I quickly fell in love with the the fact that I could set up or pack away the tent in under 1 minute at the push of a button. It also holds all bedding so no stashing of pillows and duvets or sleeping bags is required.

Fitting it to a double cab canopy was a challenge. I used 2x frontrunner load bars attached to load rails on my steeltop canopy. The tent is quite k
large with dimensions of 2100 long x 1350 wide x300 high. I also have a batwing awning attached.

The 9 day trip was a pleasure. Setting up the tent in so short a time makes it ideal for touring and easy for anyone to handle.

The tent and istallation cost me just over R21 000 but the ease of use has made it tioally worthwhile. I cannot see myself ever towing a trailer again if it us just my wife and I as it meets all my needs.

Another great product which I have used for the pstt 10 years is a Fredlin hoist. It easily lifts the tent and awning as one piece off the canopy and installation or removal takes me about 10 minutes.

I highly recommend the bundutec tent if you want the easiest setup rooftop tent available.

Their contact details are
DJ Rautenbach
info@bundutec.co.za
137 Busschau Street
Rynfield
Benoni
South Africa

You can also search youtube to see how the tent sets up

My best tent ever.
Danman
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2009 Fortuner 4.0 V6 aka "BosBuffel"

Re: Bundutec electric rooftop tent

Post by Danman »

:ttwwp:
Toppie4x4
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 DC 4x4

Post by Toppie4x4 »

fully agree.............pics please :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hangover
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Deneysville
Vehicle: '76 FJ45 , '13 3.0 D4D Hilux

Post by Hangover »

Die behoort interresant te wees om te sien!!
Hangover(A.K.A die speelding)
1976 FJ45 4x4
1UZ-FE 4.0vvti
2" OME Suspension lift
1.5" Shackle lift
35" Geo MT's
Custom Bullbar
Lockright Locked rear
York OBA
20" LED bar
Nighthawk 100W spots

Dakar
2013 3.0D-4D 4x4 Hilux Dakar
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

phpBB [video]

View Original
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

Found this on the interweb ;-)

Looks very nice :thumbup: :thumbup:
RodS
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Somerset West
Vehicle: Hilux D4D
Club VHF Licence: X282

Post by RodS »

I am genuinely curious to learn just what the attraction of this tent is. I examined one closely about 6 months ago. It was lying on the floor at Wynland 4x4 where it had been brought in for major repairs due to the owner's girlfriend pressing the UP button whilst one of the corner holding catches was still clipped on. Man, those electric motors are seriously strong!!!

Accidents happen of course (hope no Health & Safety fanatics are reading :think: ). Nonetheless, I cannot help but compare my Wild Earth tent:
- A bit cheaper
- Erects in one minute for the trouble of climbing onto the tailgate.
- Stores all the pillows and bedding, and the ladder.
- Much more headroom where it counts.
- No moving parts apart from two gas struts
- No electrics to go wrong (and they always do eventually)

Perhaps I am just out of date, but the fewer electrics I have on my bakkie, the happier I am.
doggone
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux 4X4 3.0 D4D

Post by doggone »

Roderick. I hear you regarding keeping things as simple as possible but if my wife cannot set it up, it is a non-starter as she has to fo this without mewhen we do bicycle races as we leave early and she tags along later. She is quite short and could not reach and was also mot strong enough to set up my Howling Moon. This was the logical way out. The added luxury of led lights and a charger socket for her tablet and iPad and she is dold5.

By the way, my model has cutout switches to stop the motor if you forget a corner latch.

Good thing is she never liked it when we had to tow a trailer as she refuses to drive but niw she us looking forward to our next getaway next weekend. If this is what it takes then cool.

I am now totally sold on the no-sweat setting up in under 1 minute and would not go back.
salmonj
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Hoedspruit
Vehicle: Landcruiser Prado,Rav, Hilux. 1995 Toyota Hilux d/c SFA, 2008 To Hilux SRX D/C

Post by salmonj »

Pierre....can you post some pictures of the tent on the Steeltop canopy
Thanks
:thumbup:

Return to “Camping gear, Trailers and Other Non-electronic Gadgets”