Replace interior roof handle?

Revo discussions
Hilux noob
Town: Kloof
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 2.4GD-6

Replace interior roof handle?

Post by Hilux noob »

Hi all

I have a 2017 double cab 2.4 hilux which I got about a month ago. First 4x4, first hilux! Loving it!

But I have a small problem. When the going gets a bit rough, because I'm tall, my head sometimes hits the driver side interior roof handle. I was wondering if there was a softer replacement, or a strap kinda thing.

Has anyone else had this issue? I don't really seem to ever use the handle and maybe I could just remove it and that would be fine.

Thanks for any input!
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Re: Replace interior roof handle?

Post by pietpetoors »

Not sure where you will get these in RSA. They are for Jeeps, but should work in your Revo as well.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/rugged-r ... 82501.html

On the other hand, if you say you never use it I would just remove it and look for a nice plug to cover the hole.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Replace interior roof handle?

Post by Mud Dog »

Manufacturers sometimes leave that handle off on the passenger side of the more basic feature models. In such cases they have a couple of cover plates over the holes and if you could source a couple of those, just remove the handle, fit the covers and you're sorted.

You could also steal with your eyes from that link Pieter posted and have a couple of strap handles made up.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “2016 - on - Revo Shape Hilux”