Revo discussions
DieselDonkie
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux

Hilux 2018 gd6 4x4 long range feul tanks

Post by DieselDonkie »

Hi been reading up on long range diesel tanks. I don't want to lower my spare wheel any other options would like to replace with 1 tank maybe something like 150lt. Any suggestions

Then would a chip and power flow exhaust have impact on my warranty. Want to to take it to Kosie Swanepoel

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Hilux 2018 gd6 4x4 long range feul tanks

Post by Mud Dog »

The exhaust and especially the chip will affect the warranty.

I also prefer the idea of a single tank and they are commercially available. Check if ARB make one for your model. Otherwise you can have the original one extended like I did with mine .... best is to have it done professionally.

Don't know if you'll get as much as 150lit overall, it would depend on how much usable space there is in your tank area. I only gained about 35 litres and air locks when filling isn't a problem. You can see what I did here (on pg2 of this topic) .....

https://www.hilux4x4.co.za/views/viewto ... ux#p487178
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Re: Hilux 2018 gd6 4x4 long range feul tanks

Post by Thabogrobler »

Ask your dealer about a Unichip - some dealers is ok with it, some not.

Maybe phone up Kosie Swanepoel and ask which dealers in yoour area is ok with it and service your truck there?
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.

Return to “2016 - on - Revo Shape Hilux”