Chevrolet Utility - Radio Code

Discuss any other type vehicles here.
Shaytorn
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Chevrolet Utility

Chevrolet Utility - Radio Code

Post by Shaytorn »

Hi there guys,

I have a Chevrolet Utility 2014 model. I recently disconnected the battery and upon reconnection, my radio now says it requires a code. I bought the car second hand so it did not come with the manuel which is where I presume the code would be. What should I do? Any advice please?

Thanks.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Chevrolet Utility - Radio Code

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome Shea! :thumbup:

Take it to the dealers - they should be able to pull up the code from the VIN.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Shaytorn
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Chevrolet Utility

Re: Chevrolet Utility - Radio Code

Post by Shaytorn »

Mud Dog wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:36 am Welcome Shea! :thumbup:

Take it to the dealers - they should be able to pull up the code from the VIN.
Thanks Mud Dog, I am going to have to do that but it's my last resort. Shortly after I bought the car (second hand) the clutch cable snapped. I took it to Le Roux Motors (Ford Dealership) in Benoni / Kempton. They called me up and said I need an entire new clutch kit at about R14k. I told them that's crazy as the car had 70k km's on it only and I will take it to a private mechanic as I am a bit dubious. About 20 minutes later they phoned me back and said oh they made a mistake its only the cable and will cost far less... After I collected my car my 32GB USB with all my music on it that was in the radio was stolen. I am aware that I signed a document saying they can't be liable and I must remove these kind of things but I forgot. My issue came in when I told the manager about it he simply said "sorry but you should have taken it out" and walked away. He didnt actually care that he had thieves stealing from his customers working for him.

But the world works in a convenient way and about a month or two ago I drove past Le Roux Motors and saw they have closed down (might have moved but I don't think so).

I laughed HARD!!!! :celebrate:

Return to “Any Other Vehicle”