New Style Feb 2017

If you would like to discuss the functionality of this web site or have any suggestions, please out it here.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: New Style Feb 2017

Post by Mud Dog »

Ahhh ..... I see that the page header is also green and the username would be lost against it .....

I see that the topics list now shows how many pages in the topic if it surpasses 1 page.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

I had to move away from the green because the username top right was not very visible with green on green.
Not sure about the green dot but also thinks it indicates online status.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
mossie89
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Paarl
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 4x4 4.0 v6

Post by mossie89 »

Ek het nou net die vorige formaat onder die knie gehad en nou verander die hele storie, julle moet onthou van ons is n bietjie tegnologies gestremd en nou moet die kinders weer help
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

HaHa, ons hou die brein vars , anders stagneer ons.
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

When opening a thread, I see that unread posts are marked with a red dot at the top of the post next to the posting time.

After the initial shock, it's not too bad - I can get used to this easily enough ... it's really the light / white background colour that's most off putting.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Dirka
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Doornpoort Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4X4 Auto DC

Post by Dirka »

Greetings all.
The new forum style looks and works great. :thumbup:
Just a Q.
Is the attachments section only reserved for pics, or can one upload a .pdf also?
I have tried but it says pic res. too large.
Sometimes there are some important info to share in .pdf..
then one must publish the link.
Things tend to disappear over time on the net..
Thanx for the work and effort.
I got arrested for driving naked. I guess I shouldn’t have put four wheels, an engine, and a steering wheel on my bathtub.
I’m a do-it-yourself kind of lover.
” ― J. Kintz
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

Pretty intuitive....no issues for me.

I just thought I was being hacked/phished at the login screen :mrgreen:
rigardt
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: 2012 DC Hilux D4D
Club VHF Licence: HC348

Post by rigardt »

1 thing that I see that's missing is in the "unread posts" view. we could normally see in which category the post was. that is now gone. can it be reinstated?
Pietman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux V6 4L D/C 4X4

Post by Pietman »

Lyk baie netjies

Dankie Pieter
EX ALTO VINCIMUS
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

rigardt wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:00 pm 1 thing that I see that's missing is in the "unread posts" view. we could normally see in which category the post was. that is now gone. can it be reinstated?
Same in the "Active Topics" view. Agree, would be nice to have it back if possible. :winkx:

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Pieter, I see that the links to the club, 4x4Direct etc that used to appear in the header aren't there any more. Can they be re-instated?

I also see that you can't tell which notifications are unread in the drop-down box (top of page).

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

A suggestion from my side is that the very pale (green?) colour separating & surrounding the posts be mad a tad darker. It really plays havoc with my eyes as it is at present.

Other than that, this is a far superior format than the previous one.

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Family_Dog wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:30 pm A suggestion from my side is that the very pale (green?) colour separating & surrounding the posts be mad a tad darker. It really plays havoc with my eyes as it is at present.

Eric... how is the colour now?
To God be the glory
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Mud Dog wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:50 am Pieter, I see that the links to the club, 4x4Direct etc that used to appear in the header aren't there any more. Can they be re-instated?

I also see that you can't tell which notifications are unread in the drop-down box (top of page).
Andy, for now the links are all on the left hand side under quick links
To God be the glory
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Personally I also don't like the word "community" in the header ..... looks like we are amalgamated with the 'other' forum and I have already had a couple of comments from other members about it. So a suggestion - can we perhaps change the header text from:

Hilux 4x4 community forum where we share our passion for Toyota Hilux vehicles.

To either:

Hilux 4x4 enthusiast forum where we share our passion for Toyota Hilux vehicles.

Or just:

Hilux 4x4 forum where we share our passion for Toyota Hilux vehicles.

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

CasKru wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:08 pm
Family_Dog wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:30 pm A suggestion from my side is that the very pale (green?) colour separating & surrounding the posts be mad a tad darker. It really plays havoc with my eyes as it is at present.

Hi Cassie,

Not sure if it is my monitor that is incorrectly set or what, but I still have difficulty in seeing where individual posts start and end. But since the eye op, my eyes are nowhere near to what they used to be, I do have difficulty in seeing faint contrasts. I have to look very carefully to see where to reply to posts etc. But that's just me :(

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

I saw those Cas, but where is the link if someone wants to "join the club"? I had to type it into the location bar to get access so that I could post a link for "Petri" who wanted to join and pay.
CasKru wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:09 pm
Mud Dog wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:50 am Pieter, I see that the links to the club, 4x4Direct etc that used to appear in the header aren't there any more. Can they be re-instated?

Andy, for now the links are all on the left hand side under quick links

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

The links are all there to my knowledge
Attachments
Forum.JPG
To God be the glory
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Family_Dog wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:20 am
CasKru wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi Cassie,

Not sure if it is my monitor that is incorrectly set or what, but I still have difficulty in seeing where individual posts start and end. But since the eye op, my eyes are nowhere near to what they used to be, I do have difficulty in seeing faint contrasts. I have to look very carefully to see where to reply to posts etc. But that's just me :(

-F_D
Not sure it can be done with the current colour scheme. Will just have to confirm with Pieter if I can change the style preset colours
To God be the glory
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Something strange here Cas ... I'm not getting that. The "Quick Links" on my page is right on top LHS whereas yours seems to be lower down right next to the thread topic. :blink:

NEWSTYL.JPG

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

on mine it shows both.... What screen resolution are you running at?
forum2.JPG
To God be the glory
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

What does it feel like to be so clever! :D:

Yep, resolution was the problem. Thanks! :winkx:

P.S.
Those of us that no longer have 20/20 vision have to use lower res with bigger print are going to battle until we can move those links back into the header again. :think:

pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Personally I also don't like the word "community" in the header ..... looks like we are amalgamated with the 'other' forum and I have already had a couple of comments from other members about it. So a suggestion - can we perhaps change the header text from:

Hilux 4x4 community forum where we share our passion for Toyota Hilux vehicles.

To either:

Hilux 4x4 enthusiast forum where we share our passion for Toyota Hilux vehicles.
Thanx uncle Andy. The only reason I chose the community word is because it was easier to spell than the other word which I cannot even pronounce. But since you made it easier for me I copied and pasted the desired word and I must agree, it sounds much more passionate than the other word.

And the reason I leave the long title there is so that the word Hilux appears thrice in the header which is something Google likes.
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Another cool function, if you are on the Forum Main Page, check them little minus signs. If there is a category you do not often use, click the minus and it will collapse that category. When you click the plus it will expand it.
Collaps category
Collaps category
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Cool!~ Thanks Pieter!! :thumbup: :winkx:

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Mud Dog wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:51 pm What does it feel like to be so clever! :D:

Yep, resolution was the problem. Thanks! :winkx:

P.S.
Those of us that no longer have 20/20 vision have to use lower res with bigger print are going to battle until we can move those links back into the header again. :think:
I did however manager to add the "Join the Club" option to the quick list you were referring to

With this being a responsive template it will remove functionality from the sides of the screen if it falls outside of your resolution settings. This is to accommodate cellphones, tablets etc.

I'm currently checking if there is a way to reinstate the header links but seems this will not be possible except adding it under the quick links in the top left
To God be the glory
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

seems this will not be possible except adding it under the quick links in the top left
That might well be an acceptable option Cas. :thumbup:

Having it in the header was cool and something that we got used to but on the other hand it also creates a bit of 'clutter', so ja, adding it to the links on the top LHS may make for a 'cleaner' looking board and also allows for us oldies to enlarge the text. :d:

It also diverts users to those links by necessity (all neatly in one place) and they may actually become aware of links or functions that that were previously not aware of. So without knowing how everyone else feels about it, I thinks it's a good idea.

Return to “Web Related Discussions and Suggestions”