N14x4 Rally Cruiser

Whether you participate or just watching, post your motorsport comments here.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

N14x4 Rally Cruiser

Post by pietpetoors »

I remember a while ago somebody posted a video clip about the N1 4x4 Rally Cruiser, well today I went for a spin in it, in the passenger seat of course.

It was awesome. This oom knows his story, hy mag maar.

Now I know I will never be able to do it because my brain just cant work that quick.

The suspension is brilliant, it is amazingly stable and smooth over the rough terrain and how quick it can stop.
I got new respect for rally navigators, things happens so fast while you are shacking around, you must be very good to concentrate on reading and thinking while traveling at that speed.

I was supposed to go yesterday but then something went wrong with the engine. When I got to their stall they asked me for a scrap yard contact number in Cape Town because they was looking for a another engine. I did not know any scrapyards, but I did know Allan Hoppy Venter and I knew he was on his way to the ekspo. So Hoppy saved N14x4's weekend and brought them another engine. Thanks for Hoppy! :clap: :clap:

The guys worked until 3 or 4 in the morning to have it ready for Saturday (Today)
Attachments
N14x4 Rally Land Cruiser
N14x4 Rally Land Cruiser
n14x4 rally cruiser
n14x4 rally cruiser
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: N14x4 Rally Cruiser

Post by OOOOMS »

Sit, buckle-up and njoy :thumbup:
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

I wish the track was longer
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Now you know what kids feel like in candy shops! :thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

My son and i had a spin in the Cruiser this morning AMAZING, the suspension impressed me the most, it has coustom built coil-over shocks on each corner with an extra damper next to it, we flew over obstacles, wich are first gear stuff in my Hilux, at about 100 km/h+! Before you start adding it to your wish lists, they are R90 000 for the set.
They run class D, it is a std chassis and cab, fibreglass loadbox, std diffs and motor (4.0 V6), a std 6spd gearbox as fitted to Aus. spec cruisers, they use an aftemarket "Motec" engine management system with onboard data logging, another 60K +. They fit a 35mm inlet restrictor wich spoils the fun a bit and limits the top speed to 155km/h. The rims are imported from England and the tyres are BF goodrich Kevlar reinforced Dakar spec at R4500 00 a pop. mmmm must start buying Lotto tickets
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
andrevt
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: sasolburg
Vehicle: raider d4d

Post by andrevt »

_MG_9918 (Small).JPG
_MG_9919 (Small).JPG
magaliesburg rally 2011
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4