Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Re: PNP Cape Argus Cycle Tour Mar 11th 2012

Post by Niel »

PM-ed, Pieter
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Who knows, now that he's starting to be physically active he might just join, would be nice.

I see oom Oooms is lekka stil oor sy bonnie :lmao:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C 4x4

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

GI Jane wrote:Okay so after a year of collecting dust, I dusted off my Trek this morning, pumped up the tyres, and replaced my regular spinning session with a 30km road cycle to start preparation for next years Hilux 4x4 teams entry to the Argus.... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Do you think there are enough cyclists on the Hilux forum to justify Hilux 4x4 club branded cycling shirts and shorts?
Count me in, I am game to cycle for the club.
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Val do you know where to have the clothing branded and what it will cost? I presume it is not just a normal T shirt?
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

I will manage the support & back- up team, way to far for me, i'm chicken.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

By the way did you guys see the cycle lamps?
R700.00 each and I only have 17 left.
http://www.4x4direct.co.za/shop
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

If i take part i'll need one, i'll have to start the day before!
aev@iburst.co.za
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear

Post by Donkey »

Hoppy wrote:I will manage the support & back- up team, way to far for me, i'm chicken.
You'll be surprised to see what your mind can do once you're focused and driven. Do it just for fun and see. :thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

ImageImage
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Donkey wrote:
Hoppy wrote:I will manage the support & back- up team, way to far for me, i'm chicken.
You'll be surprised to see what your mind can do once you're focused and driven. Do it just for fun and see. :thumbup:
What lies behind us and what lies ahead us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us - Ralph Emerson
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

pietpetoors wrote:Val do you know where to have the clothing branded and what it will cost? I presume it is not just a normal T shirt?
No it would be a proper cyclists shirt and the padded cycling shorts.... I will see what I can find out, have a couple of contacts...

Hey Allan if you start training now... use your gym membership and start getting on one of those spinning bikes you should be super fit by March next year...
Stubs
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Onrusrivier Hermanus
Vehicle: 89, Hilux D/cab 3.0L V6 Ford !!

Post by Stubs »

any artwork can be laid up as its actually printed into the material.....not like the old days of screen printing which is very old technology.....so Thys can lay up the artwork and vector it and bobs ya uncle....obviously quantities plays a big role in the pricing etc, check out this company...also what quality of material one decides on as well....

http://www.customgarb.co.za/cms/index.p ... &Itemid=29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

Thanks Tumelo & Val for the confidence, but you'll need someone for the back up team, sounds like my job!
I think Werner must start training for next year.
aev@iburst.co.za
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

GI Jane wrote:
pietpetoors wrote:Val do you know where to have the clothing branded and what it will cost? I presume it is not just a normal T shirt?
No it would be a proper cyclists shirt and the padded cycling shorts.... I will see what I can find out, have a couple of contacts...
Hey Allan if you start training now... use your gym membership and start getting on one of those spinning bikes you should be super fit by March next year...
Thank you Val :clap:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Hoppy wrote:Thanks Tumelo & Val for the confidence, but you'll need someone for the back up team, sounds like my job!
I think Werner must start training for next year.
C'mon just for fun! Give a try. If it doesn't work out at least you tried :yahoo:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

I saw these nice conversion kits where you can covert your bicycle to an electric scooter. The motor is inside the centre piece of the wheel and the batteries you can hide in the frame if you are really clever. Do you think they will spot it when you use such a bike? That is the only way I will participate. I would rather walk the route than doing it on a cycle.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Hey Pieter but with your walking and/or hiking you're already doing yourself a favour :dance1:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.

Post by GI Jane »

Hey Pieter.....Have pm-ed you
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

When should we start organising the team and enties for 2013?
aev@iburst.co.za
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Hoppy wrote:When should we start organising the team and enties for 2013?
hee.. hee... :naah: :naah: :naah: too busy to train... Stu are you in for this year?... or will it be our next new years resolution.. unless there are more suitable candidates, and that of course includes you Mr Hoppy, and NOOOOOOO, luxter has 4 wheels and will not be able to enter....
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Finances permitting I may just join in :thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage

Return to “Cycling and Mountain Biking”