Namibia jag

Are you a serious hunter or just want to brag about your latest kill. Feel free to shar your hunting experience here.
Frederick
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Hendrina Mpumalanga
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux. 2016 79 Land Cruiser
Club VHF Licence: X42

Namibia jag

Post by Frederick »

Naand Manne

Is daar dalk van julle wat gereeld in Namibia gaan jag?
Ek is genooi maar het 'n paar vra. Is daar iemand wat ek kan kontak asb?

Groete
yotaman
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Hartenbos Western Cape
Vehicle: '99 2.7i Hilux 4x4 S/C

Re: Namibia jag

Post by yotaman »

Frederick I too have never hunted there. Definitely on my "to do list". Consider contacting a place like Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris or any other for more details. e.g. how much and what you can take across the border and what you can bring back to SA.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
Modder Tekkies
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Malmesbury
Vehicle: 2.8 Gd6 Fortuner 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC252

Post by Modder Tekkies »

Good day Frederick

I go on a yearly basis, sorry for the late response. What would you like to know?

1. If taking your own rifle, you need to apply at you police station for temporary export permit of rifle, make sure you get the one for rifle and ammo on receiving it. This can be done in a day, but usually take a week. They will provide you with the form.

2. You have to apply for a meat import permit. Permit is R140 per person and allow you to take 250kg meat, 100kg biltong and 30kg cooked off meat from bones. You can also specify heads, horns and skins if you would like to bring back a trophy. If you have hunting invitation the meat you can bring in go up to 500kg, not sure about the biltong. With the application you need to send proof of payment and copy of ID. I attached the form for you.

The farmer will use the meat import permit to get the Veterinary documents on their side and will also take care of the hunting permit. Make sure he do or issue you with donation letter. There is a limit on the kg for the donation letter, not sure of the amount, sorry.

If there is anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

I can provide a lot more info in Afrikaans as I just ran out of English and will have to have a few cups of tea to replenish first :thumbup:
Attachments
Application to import hunting trophies and meat for own use.pdf
(194.48 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Frederick
Town: Hendrina Mpumalanga
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux. 2016 79 Land Cruiser
Club VHF Licence: X42

Post by Frederick »

Modder Tekkies wrote:Good day Frederick

I go on a yearly basis, sorry for the late response. What would you like to know?

1. If taking your own rifle, you need to apply at you police station for temporary export permit of rifle, make sure you get the one for rifle and ammo on receiving it. This can be done in a day, but usually take a week. They will provide you with the form.

2. You have to apply for a meat import permit. Permit is R140 per person and allow you to take 250kg meat, 100kg biltong and 30kg cooked off meat from bones. You can also specify heads, horns and skins if you would like to bring back a trophy. If you have hunting invitation the meat you can bring in go up to 500kg, not sure about the biltong. With the application you need to send proof of payment and copy of ID. I attached the form for you.

The farmer will use the meat import permit to get the Veterinary documents on their side and will also take care of the hunting permit. Make sure he do or issue you with donation letter. There is a limit on the kg for the donation letter, not sure of the amount, sorry.

If there is anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

I can provide a lot more info in Afrikaans as I just ran out of English and will have to have a few cups of tea to replenish first :thumbup:
Kan jy alles asb vir my oorskryf in Afrikaans?

Grappie.....

Baie dankie, ek het min of meer dieselfde inligting bekom. Plus dat vleis net deur sekere grensposte mag gaan. Ek gaan maandag die aansoek invul by die polisie stasie en dan sommer deur ry en aansoek doen vir die vleis permitte. Kan ek vorms ingee namens my mede jagters?

Groete
Modder Tekkies
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Malmesbury
Vehicle: 2.8 Gd6 Fortuner 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC252

Post by Modder Tekkies »

:lol: :lol:

Ja jy kan, solank daar ID kopie van elkeen is en bewys van betaling.

As julle jag uitnodigings brief het, moet dit elkeen se besonderhede op 'n aparte brief bevat.

Ek email gewoonlik my goed deur en dan laat ek 'n courier dit optel vir my as dit klaar is.

Geniet die jag, die veld is mooi die jaar
Baasvark
Town: Virginia
Vehicle: '97 D/C with all the trimmings & 2011 Troopy

Post by Baasvark »

Moet se ek is baie jaloers!
Ons ry donderdag vir ons 2de jagtrippie ma Namibie sou noggal gewerk het!
Sterkte, mag al jou skote reguit wees.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Aint it ironic that "Common Sense" aint so common after all...

Return to “Hunting”