Towing in Bots.

Need some information for an upcoming trip or have questions about a camping site, etc, ask it here.
Racing snake
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: Fortuner

Towing in Bots.

Post by Racing snake »

Been to Bots many times but never towed a trailer there before. Apart from the original reg cert, what other requirements are there? Moz likes the yellow triangle, are the any such markings required in Bots?
moagi
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Gaborone
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux

Re: Towing in Bots.

Post by moagi »

A resident of Botswana here.. Your Registration Certificate should be enough. No additional markings necessary, or atleast they aren't strict about them. Many people here tow unregistered trailers on the road without any hassle. All the best :thumbup:
All knowledge is soluble in alcohol
Wherever you go, go with all your heart
1989 Hilux 2200 SRX (4x2)
Image Image
Racing snake
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: Fortuner

Post by Racing snake »

Thanks Moagi. :thumbup:
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

This information is applicable to Bots Citizens ONLY.
You have to go through Border Posts and roadblocks, where this information will not apply to you.
I would look on the AA website, for the information that you are looking for (I do not tow, so cannot help you).
Remember that when the going gets tough, it will just be that much "tougherer", with an additional set of wheels to drag through the thick sand/over obstacles.
Depending where you are going of course, but your fuel usage will also increase by 25 - 30% more with the extra set of wheels in tow, no matter where you go.
I know that space is premium, if you have a family of more than two people, but just something else to think about (tougherer & fuel consumption)...
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"

Return to “Route Planning questions/discussions”