sani pass thru lesotho to eastern freestate

Need some information for an upcoming trip or have questions about a camping site, etc, ask it here.
FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

sani pass thru lesotho to eastern freestate

Post by FIRSTGEER »

I am literally ticking off the minutes before our departure for Sani Pass and a trip through Lesotho and spending a few days in the Eastern Freestate.We are planning on spending Sat night either in Undersberg or Himeville and then departing early for Sani Pass.
Depending on how the mood and what the conditions are,we might possibly spend a night or two in Lesotho working our way towards the border in the Fouriesberg area and then exploring the small border towns along the border of the E Freestate.

I understand it may be cold but a few klippies and swambo should be enough to keep me warm.
Any knowledge of lekker camp sites and places of interest along the planned route will be really appreciated if you can share them with me.

I will post pics and a travell report after the trip .Cheers for now.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: sani pass thru lesotho to eastern freestate

Post by Mud Dog »

Enjoy! Looking forward to hearing all about it! :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

If it were in November I'd say plan on going to the Ficksburg cherry festival. Truth is that the whole Eastern Free State is beautifully scenic country.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
FIRSTGEER
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Thanks Andy.At least the weather forcasts are in my favour.Cold but no rain or snow.
Chat again on my return.

Return to “Route Planning questions/discussions”