Condor rack ends wrong size?

Toyota Condor Discussions
mozguide
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Toyota Condor RV

Condor rack ends wrong size?

Post by mozguide »

Greetings all

When I bought my Condor it had "raised suspension" (not sure what that means), 225/75/15 tyres and Camil front shocks. First mystery happened when TW&T told me my rack ends were worn and needed replacing. I bought Partquip rack ends, but they did not fit. Clever guy at Hursthill spares in Newlands found Renault Megane rack ends that fitted perfectly!

DID NOT KNOW (and still don't) WHY THE Standard CONDOR RACK ENDS DID NOT FIT _ IS THIS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE "LIFT"? Could it be that the tie-road ends were also not standard.

Now I have put on the standard 2057015 tyres, and the TW&T guys showed me that the rack ends were a bit too long so that the correct alignment could not be done.

I purchased the standard Condor rack ends (Partquip) to replace the Megane end and the standard Condor ones are way too long!

So if any one has gone the bigger tyre route and tightened up the torsion bar (on a Condor or any other vehicle), did you have to change your rack ends and/or tie-rod ends.

Quite a mystery to me, and of course it has occured to me that the tie-rod ends are pehaps also not standard, so will follow that up tomorrow.

Mike

Return to “Condor”