Rottweiler

Share your jokes and funny campfire stories with us here.
Forum rules
Please keep it light hearted enol. No serious stufs hey! :)

BEFORE YOU START A NEW JOKES THREAD PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
We are trying to make the technical information more visible in the Active Topics section. So we are trying to combine all the humour posts into a single thread. This will then more or less always stay on the active topics page if you keep appending your jokes onto this single thread. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated
Borntofish
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux 86

Rottweiler

Post by Borntofish »

Two boys are playing cricket on a field in Durban , when one is attacked
by a vicious Rottweiler.

Thinking quickly, the other boy took his cricket bat and managed to wedge
it down the dog's collar and twist, luckily breaking the dog's neck and
stopping its attack.
A reporter who was strolling by sees the incident, and rushes over to
interview the boy.
"Young Sharks Fan Saves Friend From Vicious Animal," he starts writing in
his notebook.

"But I'm not a Sharks fan," the little hero replied.
"Sorry, since we are in Durban , I just assumed you were," said the
reporter and starts again.
"Stormers Fan Rescues Friend from Horrific Attack,..." he continued
writing in his notebook.
"I'm not a Stormers fan either!", the boy said."
"I assumed everyone in Durban was either for the Sharks or Stormers. So
what team DO you root for?" the reporter asked.

"I'm a Blue Bulls fan", the child beamed.
The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes:
"Little F*cker from Pretoria Kills Beloved Family Pet."
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Re: Rottweiler

Post by Hoppy »

Moral of the story;

Doesn't matter what they write, just as long as the bulls win the fight! :clap:
Last edited by Hoppy on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Animul
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Previously V8 supercharged Monster truck, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Now looking for a vehicle to rejoin the community

Post by Animul »

being a KUSA registered Rottweiler breeder they are indeed beloved family dogs .... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

I know they love kids, but they eat other food as well. :twisted:
aev@iburst.co.za
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Animul
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Previously V8 supercharged Monster truck, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Now looking for a vehicle to rejoin the community

Post by Animul »

I have a 3-and-a-half year old daughter and I wouldn't trust her with any other dog than my two Rotties! It's all in the way you care for your dogs .... treat them like family and they treat you like family. Amazing what a lot of love and attention can do to shape a dog.

I must admit though ... other than their food they do like my wife's Persian cats, 3 unwanted visitors and the neighbour's dogs for a snack .... :thumbup:

Seriously I think this is all about perception. Same like religion, politics and a specific car (Toyota / Hilux) you will never changes someones believe :angel:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Some breeds are more protective of their territory and extended family than others, and this should not be cofused with undue aggression.

Straying cats are also not welcome in my yard and are not afforded the opporrtunity to stay too long. I have'nt really worried about them catching one because cats are agile and good climbers, but so are tree dassies. We have a family of tree dassies that have taken up residence in our back yard for almost a year now and initially they were'nt given a moment's peace (it's a wonder they stayed). Yesterday morning i found one that had been mauled at our back door .... the first one that they have caught. I was'nt too impressed, but I suppose I should have expected that eventually they would get one. :problem:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Animul
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Animul »

What dogs do you have Mud Dog? obviously not Muddogs hey? :lol:
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Boerboels. See last relevant posting here .....
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8066&start=0

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

I've had a few Bull Terriers, they are still my favorite dogs, i moved to town 10 years ago and Bullies doesnt like other animals, but they are very good with children (like you said it depends how you raised them).

For the last 8 years i've owned and bred Airedale Terriers, very clever and much more obedient, but i still miss my bull terriers, i think it's their attitude and total dedication.
aev@iburst.co.za
warthog
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Barberton
Vehicle: Fortuner 4.0 V6 Auto, LRFT, Dual Batt, OME's, BFG AT's, ARM comp, 800w inv, Roofrack

Post by warthog »

Already said- everyone has it's own preference.

For us, for dedication (and of course snoring) nothing beats an English Bulldog. We've had at least one for the past 15 years, and me not having grown up with a dag, they are absolutely amazing.

Then we've also had at least one Jack Russell for the past 24 years, and that's already 'nuff said.

Then, my teenage daughter's ultimate soft spot, a dog with the most character and attitude I've ever seen, the result of an accident between the above 2 breeds....
Hennie
ImageImage

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Jos 24:15: "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

My Boerboel will eat your Terrier / Bulldog/ Rottie ......... and then the fight really started! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry ..... just could'nt resist. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

warthog
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Barberton
Vehicle: Fortuner 4.0 V6 Auto, LRFT, Dual Batt, OME's, BFG AT's, ARM comp, 800w inv, Roofrack

Post by warthog »

:lol: :lol: Well, you are a dog after all.

But I tell you what, your boerboel's gonna smother in my Bull's neckskin and saliva long before he's gonna get around to biting him... (or rather her) 8 )
Hennie
ImageImage

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Jos 24:15: "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

:lol: :lol:
Just a friendly jibe. :D: :wink:

Animul
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Animul »

I think I have the best of both worlds - 2 Jack Russells and 2 Rottweilers. :thumbup: :thumbup:

While your dogs go to war I'll breed and show mine :D: :D: and when your dogs want to attack mine I'll ask my dog's guards (the GSD's) to sort out the heavies ...

Seriously, I think one of the best dogs to go to a fight is a German Shepard Dog. The are light, fast and have extremely strong jaws. I suppose that is why the police prefer them above other breeds. And of course Rottweilers because they are so clever :D: :wink:
Borntofish
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux 86

Post by Borntofish »

I do not think rotties are that clever. Nearly the same amount of brain calibre than a Boerboel. Want a clever dog get a Kollie. I have a boerboel and a kollie and she will outwit a stray cat, whereas The boerboel will brake something trying to get to the cat.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Borntofish wrote:I do not think rotties are that clever. Nearly the same amount of brain calibre than a Boerboel. Want a clever dog get a Kollie. I have a boerboel and a kollie and she will outwit a stray cat, whereas The boerboel will brake something trying to get to the cat.
That just about summarises it :D: , but don't underestimate the bigger guy's brain power .... they are more intelligent than they appear. Had a border collie, fantastic animal, but a shame to keep them in a yard in town.

Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

The SAPS stopped using Rottweilers as attack/retrieve dogs because of their strong jaws, they can break a femur in one bite with their short strong jaws, this resulted in serious "excessive force" court claims against the SAPS.
Other dogs with the same jaw "design" are the Boerbull, Bull terrier etc. but as we know they do not train well.
The German Sheppard's long narrow jaws causes mainly flesh wounds.
aev@iburst.co.za
Werner
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Fortuner 3.0D 4x4

Post by Werner »

Borntofish wrote:I do not think rotties are that clever. Nearly the same amount of brain calibre than a Boerboel. Want a clever dog get a Kollie. I have a boerboel and a kollie and she will outwit a stray cat, whereas The boerboel will brake something trying to get to the cat.
I have a rottie and love him and the breed....

I always tell people that rotties are not dumb....they have a short concentration span (like ADD) and take a bit longer to learn.

It all comes down to what type of dog you like and what the purpose is for the dog.

I'm not a small dog person....I love the big dogs. My first choice will always be rotties and my second will be those big bull mastives and then a boerbul.

Henry do you have a website or some photo's of the dogs you breed??
Werner Goosen

'94 80 Series Land Cruiser

I don't know.....I don't care.....I just don't
Animul
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Animul »

I'll post some picks later on. Expecting a litter in two months but 8 puppies are already sold. Hopefully I have 8 puppies :P

Return to “Humor”