One for Eric

Share your jokes and funny campfire stories with us here.
Forum rules
Please keep it light hearted enol. No serious stufs hey! :)

BEFORE YOU START A NEW JOKES THREAD PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
We are trying to make the technical information more visible in the Active Topics section. So we are trying to combine all the humour posts into a single thread. This will then more or less always stay on the active topics page if you keep appending your jokes onto this single thread. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated
Irishman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Saldanha
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux Double Cab

One for Eric

Post by Irishman »

We've all seen this before -----but just to remind ourselves how tough we really are!!!!!

For all you grumpy old men and women to nod your heads in agreement with........................

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL MY FRIENDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE 1930's,1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us and lived in houses made of asbestos.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese, raw egg products, loads of bacon and processed meat, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes or cervical cancer.

Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with brightly coloured lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets or shoes, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

Take away food was limited to fish and chips; no pizza shops, McDonalds, KFC, Subway or Nandos.

Even though all the shops closed at 6..00pm and didn't open on the weekends, somehow we didn't starve to death!

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO-ONE actually died from this.

We could collect old drink bottles and cash them in at the corner store and buy Toffees, Gobstoppers, Bubble Gum and some bangers to blow up frogs with.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soft drinks with sugar in them, but we weren't overweight because......
WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of old prams and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. We built tree houses and dens and played in river beds with matchbox cars.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo Wii, X-Boxes, no video games at all, no 999 channels on SKY, no video/DVD films, no mobile phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms.......... WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no Lawsuits from these accidents.

Only girls had pierced ears!

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

You could only buy Easter Eggs and Hot Cross Buns at Easter time....

We were given air guns and catapults for our 10th birthdays..

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

Mum didn't have to go to work to help Dad make ends meet!

RUGBY and CRICKET had trials and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! Getting into the team was based on MERIT.
Our teachers used to hit us with canes and gym shoes and bullies always ruled the playground at school.

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

Our parents didn't invent stupid names for their kids like 'Kiora', 'Blade', 'Ridge' or 'Vanilla' ------

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO
DEAL WITH IT ALL!

And YOU are one of them!
CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

And while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.

PS -The big type is because your eyes are not too good at your age!
Dadz Toy BFI

Re: One for Eric

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

amen :clap:
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Hey I was born in the 70s and is not old, but I do remember most of the things here. And I do not need big letters
Piesang
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

Is dit nie snaaks nie dit is ouens wat so saam met ons groot geword het wat nou hul kinders so anders groot maak!!!! en dan praat hulle van die goeie ou dae!!!!

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Ron, so very true! :clap:

I would never swap the days of my youth (pre-TV, drugs, etc) for ANYTHING! And we grew up during the Music Revolution, the Sounds of the '60s!

More on this later, my Internet was down last night and now I have a gazillion posts to read!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: worcester
Vehicle: 2700i 4x4

Post by hentey »

Yes Ron I remember. Those were the days you could pinch fruit and it was seen as mischief (kattekwaad)
Now you will be locked up;with real criminals,only to be sodomised.Times have changed for sure.
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Ron, you and other "music liefhebbers" might enjoy the ensemble of 60's jukebox favourites included in the 3Mb Zip file here. It is a Power Point file and one clicks on a different Jukebox (remember them??!! What I wouldn't give to actually own one :roll: :wink: ) to hear a different tune!

Enjoy! :)

-F_D
A Child of the Glowiuous 60's! :)
Attachments
JukeboxS.zip
(3 MiB) Downloaded 202 times

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Yep, I was born in the 50's, and my kids (If I can still call them that ... both adults now), used to love the tales of the 'mischief' we used to get up to. So I made 'Ketties' for them, took them camping, fishing, hunting and almost all the things we used to do. Although they would always enjoy these outings, they still couldn't wait to get back to their PC's at home. The electronic age has a lot to answer for :mrgreen:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Family_Dog wrote:Ron, you and other "music liefhebbers" might enjoy the ensemble of 60's jukebox favourites included in the 3Mb Zip file here. It is a Power Point file and one clicks on a different Jukebox (remember them??!! What I wouldn't give to actually own one :roll: :wink: ) to hear a different tune!

Enjoy! :)

-F_D
A Child of the Glowiuous 60's! :)
Is Wolverton Mountain on there too?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Thanks Thys, I had finally managed to get rid of that tune and you invite it right back into my head! :evil: :evil:

If I could only find some of that gaga yodelling Slim Whitman stuff, I would send it to you with due respect and haste! :twisted:

Dagnabit - now I have both the above warbling through my beleaguered brain :confused: :thumbdown:

The '60's was mostly an excellent period, although we did have some dud tunes around, it seems.

-F_D

Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of. He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.
Sleeping Dog.jpg
An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour.

This continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is

and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar:

'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to catch up on his sleep.

Can I come with him tomorrow?'

-F_D

Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Another one for Eric ....

Old AGE !.....

An older couple was lying in bed one night. The husband was falling a sleep, but the wife felt romantic and wanted to talk.
She said, 'You use to hold my hand when we were courting.'
Wearily he reached across, held her hand for a second, and tried to get back to sleep. A few moments later she said, 'Then you used to kiss me.'
Mildly irritated, he reached across, gave her a peck on the cheek and settled down to sleep.
Thirty seconds later she said. 'Then you use to bite my neck.
'Angrily, he threw back the bed clothes and got out of bed.
'Where are you going ?' she asked.
'To get my teeth!'

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

To revive an old thread ........ :twisted:

For Eric!

BREAKING NEWS!!

The Leader of our wonderful country has announced that he is ordering the Immigration Department to start deporting old people (instead of illegals) in order to lower Old Age Pension Payouts and Medicare costs.

Also, old people are easier to catch, and most will not remember how to get back home!!

I started crying when I thought of you!!

RUN, YOU OLD BUGGER, RUN!! :twisted: :twisted:

WELL.... SOMEONE SENT IT TO ME AND I'M NOT GOING ALONE!!!! :blushing: :? :eh: :?

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

BenHur wrote:Hey I was born in the 70s and is not old, but I do remember most of the things here. And I do not need big letters
in die LAAT 60's gebore.

NIE oud NIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

net so seker wat met my sussie gebeur het nie !! Net so bietjie ouer as ek en sy word binnekort 50 jaar OUD ... HUH ! ? ! ? Gelukkig is ek nog VER van daai ouderdom af. :laugh2: :tease:

ps - dankie vir die groot letters. :subscribed:
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Really Andy, I can't stop crying from laughter, can just picture you two running, sorry limping off into the distance
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Oh Goody! Free trip overseas - I'm gonna start packing now!!

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

-F_D

Bugzy
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Rustenburg
Vehicle: 2015 Hilux S/C 4X4 Dakar1996 2.8D s/c 4x4 Hilux with 3CT Toyota motor
Club VHF Licence: X56

Post by Bugzy »

Family_Dog wrote:Ron, so very true! :clap:

I would never swap the days of my youth (pre-TV, drugs, etc) for ANYTHING! And we grew up during the Music Revolution, the Sounds of the '60s!

More on this later, my Internet was down last night and now I have a gazillion posts to read!

-F_D
Hi Eric, I didn't know you are a druggy!!!! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Bugzy
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Bugzy »

Mud Dog wrote:Another one for Eric ....

Old AGE !.....

An older couple was lying in bed one night. The husband was falling a sleep, but the wife felt romantic and wanted to talk.
She said, 'You use to hold my hand when we were courting.'
Wearily he reached across, held her hand for a second, and tried to get back to sleep. A few moments later she said, 'Then you used to kiss me.'
Mildly irritated, he reached across, gave her a peck on the cheek and settled down to sleep.
Thirty seconds later she said. 'Then you use to bite my neck.
'Angrily, he threw back the bed clothes and got out of bed.
'Where are you going ?' she asked.
'To get my teeth!'

Andy
jy sal dat ek my gat skeur hierdie tyd van die aand :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Family_Dog wrote:Oh Goody! Free trip overseas - I'm gonna start packing now!!

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

-F_D
Are you ready and packed old man!!? I hear our trip has been brought forward and we are to assemble at the crack of dawn .....
Hope you know where to find her! :twisted:

Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

(Mental note to myself: Cancel all above VHF radio licences, forthwith and forsooth!)

Eh? You guys say summit?

-F_D

4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Bugzy
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Bugzy »

Eric, jy's baie fyn gevoellig ne :lol: :lol:
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Yep, ons vat nie 'twak' nie! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

-F_D

Return to “Humor”