Humour me

Share your jokes and funny campfire stories with us here.
Forum rules
Please keep it light hearted enol. No serious stufs hey! :)

BEFORE YOU START A NEW JOKES THREAD PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
We are trying to make the technical information more visible in the Active Topics section. So we are trying to combine all the humour posts into a single thread. This will then more or less always stay on the active topics page if you keep appending your jokes onto this single thread. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated
DeonV
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Hartbeespoort
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 d4d
Club VHF Licence: HC229

Humour me

Post by DeonV »

I'm doing this under the humour topic because I feel that this is where it belongs. What I was asked during the Serendipity weekend is actually quite hilarious. During our great Serendipity weekend, some co-Vigo drivers came to me and, I feel quite sarcastically, mentioned that my Vigo looks quite standard while I apparently at some stage said that I did a suspension upgrade. I would like to inform these guys that my Vigo is dead standerd. No suspension upgrades, and still I did not have to build anything to do any of the obstacles. Some guys just have the 4x4 know how. I've driven many different 4x4's over 30 years and the Vigo compares to none. This vehicle is, even compared the the SFA which I drove for many years, the best I ever drove, offroad and on any surface. Whilst feeling offended about these remarks I would still like to thank the organisers of the Serendipity weekend for a great weekend. Much appreciated. :thumbup:
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Humour me

Post by CasKru »

Party mense wil, en ander kan.
To God be the glory
chopper

Post by chopper »

Jip!!
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Deon, I have no idea of what was said and under what circumstances. I understand that you have taken offence but please don't take it to heart, the guys are mostly (all those I've met) a great bunch of okes and I would hate for you to be given a bad impression of the club as a whole. I'm hoping that it was just some light hearted banter and friendly ragging, and not intended maliciously.

Have a lekker evening. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Baasvark
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Virginia
Vehicle: '97 D/C with all the trimmings & 2011 Troopy

Post by Baasvark »

Deon You had me believing in your skills untill you said that it's even better than your old SFA......

That's war talk! ;)
Aint it ironic that "Common Sense" aint so common after all...
DeonV
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Hartbeespoort
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 d4d
Club VHF Licence: HC229

Post by DeonV »

Baasvark, when I bought my first 4x4 and only SFa in the 90's, brand new, you can not imagine how proud I was, :yahoo: this after driving around with a 333i BMW. The lack in speed and bouncy drive did not bother me at all, I loved this truck. I did Venda twice, once with the SFA about two years after I bought it. If anyone who has done the Venda route might recall, there is a patch where you have to drive quite a steep incline to get to the top of the ridge, this piece of track consisted of only loose rocks varying from the size of golf balls to socker balls. We were about five SFA's, my brother in law is the only one who could reach the top only because he goes out with the mindset of "when the going gets rough, press down on the accelerator pedall" he reached the top, needless to say with some major damage to his 2.4 SFA's suspension. On the second visit to Venda I had rear lockers installed and drove the same rocky patch with a smile. One thing is sure, if you drive your standard SFA without damaging anything, where other people need to engage their lockers, then you are a great 4x4er. Loved my SFA but loves the VIGO more. :surrender:
Dowe Koos
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Buschwagen 2.7 4x4

Post by Dowe Koos »

Ja Deon, stem saam met jou oor die laaste stukkie.
Ecc 1:9 Wat gewees het, dit sal daar weer wees; en wat gebeur het, dit sal weer gebeur, en daar is glad niks nuuts onder die son nie.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

+1 myne het 'n locker agter as standaard, maar ekt hom nog net by Rhino park nodig gehad...op 'n incline wat redelik gelyk was itv oppervlak hehe... :mocking:
Baasvark
Town: Virginia
Vehicle: '97 D/C with all the trimmings & 2011 Troopy

Post by Baasvark »

Deon just kidding!

Love my SFA to bits although a little more oemf would always be welcome!

Most important is that you drive a TOYOTA!!!!
Aint it ironic that "Common Sense" aint so common after all...
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Deon, I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend, I do apologize if something offended you, I am sure it was the guys just joking around as Andy has said. Remember there were no Land Rovers to kid with.

Thanks all for who attended and the excellent manner with we held the club's name high. It is always a pleasure to drive a trail with you guys and lady.

If only Obelix and Scott would stop loosing there things :crazy:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
Scott
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Hilux SFA

Post by Scott »

Deon I agree that a Vigo is a good 4x4 as slandered and I wish I had (1)power staring (2)locker would have been nice on that trail.If I had a choice to swop I would look at the Vigo.As to the banter I would not take it seriously as I get a lot of it and I can give it too.
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

I came directly from a SFA to a V6 Vigo just a couple of months ago. :yahoo: :yahoo:

I am extremely aware of the fact that I am a complete novice when it comes to the 4x4 stuff :blushing: , BUT I am very glad I made the swap (although it was forced upon me :blackeye: ).

My limited knowledge does not bother me as I really enjoy the comfort and the power (oh that power :drool: ) and only in real bad situations do I miss my SFA (scratching the paintwork :frustrated: and the extra ground clearance I had).

Enjoy your Vigo and like a fellow club member, They don't know just how capable our tupperware bakkies are :thumbup: :thumbup: .

Return to “Humor”