Brand bashing limited to 4x4s??

Share your jokes and funny campfire stories with us here.
Forum rules
Please keep it light hearted enol. No serious stufs hey! :)

BEFORE YOU START A NEW JOKES THREAD PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
We are trying to make the technical information more visible in the Active Topics section. So we are trying to combine all the humour posts into a single thread. This will then more or less always stay on the active topics page if you keep appending your jokes onto this single thread. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated
grobbepj
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: Hilux legend 35 4x4 3.0kzte D/C

Brand bashing limited to 4x4s??

Post by grobbepj »

I posted this on the Facebook page as well and was wondering if there will be a different feeling on the forum.

I posted it in he humor section bevause I really did find the "revelation" funny...

"As I was driving to work this morning I drove past a Golf V being towed by a Corolla and not too much further along the road I saw a Ford fiesta next to the road broken down. And it just occured to me that you wont see any of those pics on the internet. Now if it had been a Hilux towing an Amarok or a Ford Ranger next to the road its all over the net and forums and everyone and his dog have a comment...

Why are the brand bashing limited to 4x4 or bakkies? (Or am I wrong). Are 4x4 drivers so insecure in the choices we made that we need to defend them at every opportunity?

No intention to step on toes. Was just wondering about this...
JamesC
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Potchefstroom
Vehicle: SRX 2.5 4x4 D/C

Re: Brand bashing limited to 4x4s??

Post by JamesC »

Testosterone...

Mine is bigger/better/faster whatever than yours...chicks on the other hand have a hard time telling 4x4's, cars or whatever apart.

But somewhere lodged in our neanderthal brains we think they care. They don't.
James Cameron
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

They (the Chicks) do learn from a young age that Merc is supposed to be upper class and the rest fall below...
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

JamesC wrote:Testosterone...

Mine is bigger/better/faster whatever than yours...chicks on the other hand have a hard time telling 4x4's, cars or whatever apart.

But somewhere lodged in our neanderthal brains we think they care. They don't.
you are SO WRONG

you MUST BE WRONG

you HAVE TO BE wrong

Surely you are wrong

I hope you are wrong

dammit, dont even want to think of the fall out if you are correct ...

NO, you MUST be wrong ...
Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Isuzu

Post by Hunter26 »

Forget brand bashing ,drive a 4x2 with diff lock.........heck man do I get ripped off :D:D

Craig
Isuzu 250D 4x2 with diffy lock
1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
I don't live in Africa, Africa lives in me - Kyle my son.
Obelix and Dogmatix
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Post by Obelix and Dogmatix »

Because we are on a forum / facebook page related to our vehicles, we see it more often than the average guy. I really believe that in other forms of motor sport the same happens. We who use our vehicles / trucks / and milk jugs for recreation will always create a jovial (hopefully) banter between ourselves. In a different sphere look at the competitiveness of rugby supporters same thing just in a different guise.

So my personal opinion is (and here I am about to get crucified) is if you cant stand the banter go to the kitchen where it is less hot :lol: :evil:

IF YOU GIVE, YOU MUST TAKE! if you get upset don't well sorry for you.

and whatever you do, just do it with a smile and not a black heart :evil: :lol: :angel: :razz: :evil:
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

We are just passionate about our vehicles. I mean we spent our inheritance,pension etc on it :lol:

In America they got the whole Ford/Dodge/Chev debate. Than the bikers have the BMW/KTM thing. The list can go on and on

People like my wife dont worry about it. She wants a nice little nippy small nice looking car that is light on fuel.Maybe they are right.Just dont tell her :twisted:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Obelix and Dogmatix
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

george wrote:We are just passionate about our vehicles. I mean we spent our inheritance,pension etc on it :lol:

In America they got the whole Ford/Dodge/Chev debate. Than the bikers have the BMW/KTM thing. The list can go on and on

People like my wife dont worry about it. She wants a nice little nippy small nice looking car that is light on fuel.Maybe they are right.Just dont tell her :twisted:
George with regards to the BMW/ KTM debate you are reffering to you forgot to mention that it is for second place as Honda rules!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol:
God made man before
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

George with regards to the BMW/ KTM debate you are reffering to you forgot to mention that it is for second place as Honda rules!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol:
HA HA. I am a Yamaha fan :yahoo: THEY HAVE CLOSER TIES TO TOYOTA
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

I have said this before and I have been chastised for saying it.. but.... it is my experience, and I get it a lot...

Since I formally got involved with 4x4 driver training 5 years ago... (yes it is 5 years!! Never thought I would last that long)... I have been exposed to people driving all sorts of weird and wonderful 4x4 vehicles. I came across old toppies with SeriesII Land Rovers, all the way through the spectrum to BMW X5 and Range Rover Sport drivers on the upmarket side.

Each and every one of those guys loved their vehicles. They adored them... and they loved talking about them a lot... Now this is what happens..

I get a group of guys with a variety of vehicles not from the Toyota stable... and everybody is friendly, share a joke or 3 about Ford/Landy/Isuzu and it is over and done, and we all have a good time and the guys get together and bond like a real team out in the bush... Fantastic team spirit all round and the group stays in touch after the training and we do stuff together..

Then we get a group of guys with a variety of vehicles, and there is a few Hilux drivers in the mix. The whole group dynamic changes. The "non toyota" guys are being bombarded with comments and jokes about their inferior vehicles by some of the Hilux guys. On more that one occasion it was necessary for us to take one or 2 of the guys aside to restore the team spirit.. because the Hilux guys gang up and try to take over the show. This get so out of hand sometimes that it becomes disruptive.. These groups also tend not to keep in touch and go on repeat outings with us..

On the other hand we get a group of only Hilux drivers, the group dynamic is one of peace and quiet again, and we do stuff afterwards.. But only when there are no other brands around...

I dont know what it is that makes some Hilux owners behave in that way, but believe me they do, and this is real..

There is nothing wrong with friendly banter and a little bit of fooling around, but there are limits. Especially when the man is played and not the ball... By all means call a Ford an inferior product, but dont call a Ford owner an inferior person!! And that happens...
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Obelix and Dogmatix

ThysdJ wrote:I have said this before and I have been chastised for saying it.. but.... it is my experience, and I get it a lot...

Since I formally got involved with 4x4 driver training 5 years ago... (yes it is 5 years!! Never thought I would last that long)... I have been exposed to people driving all sorts of weird and wonderful 4x4 vehicles. I came across old toppies with SeriesII Land Rovers, all the way through the spectrum to BMW X5 and Range Rover Sport drivers on the upmarket side.

Each and every one of those guys loved their vehicles. They adored them... and they loved talking about them a lot... Now this is what happens..

I get a group of guys with a variety of vehicles not from the Toyota stable... and everybody is friendly, share a joke or 3 about Ford/Landy/Isuzu and it is over and done, and we all have a good time and the guys get together and bond like a real team out in the bush... Fantastic team spirit all round and the group stays in touch after the training and we do stuff together..

Then we get a group of guys with a variety of vehicles, and there is a few Hilux drivers in the mix. The whole group dynamic changes. The "non toyota" guys are being bombarded with comments and jokes about their inferior vehicles by some of the Hilux guys. On more that one occasion it was necessary for us to take one or 2 of the guys aside to restore the team spirit.. because the Hilux guys gang up and try to take over the show. This get so out of hand sometimes that it becomes disruptive.. These groups also tend not to keep in touch and go on repeat outings with us..

On the other hand we get a group of only Hilux drivers, the group dynamic is one of peace and quiet again, and we do stuff afterwards.. But only when there are no other brands around...

I dont know what it is that makes some Hilux owners behave in that way, but believe me they do, and this is real..

There is nothing wrong with friendly banter and a little bit of fooling around, but there are limits. Especially when the man is played and not the ball... By all means call a Ford an inferior product, but dont call a Ford owner an inferior person!! And that happens...

+1
God made man before
to think of an answer
for her first question
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

ThysdJ wrote:I have said this before and I have been chastised for saying it.. but.... it is my experience, and I get it a lot...

Thys now substitute Toyota with BMW, and you have the EXACT SAME situation under bikers ....

on their own the beemer boys are fun - owned a good few myself over the years.

add other makes and the group dynamic SUCKS ... sadly due to the behaviour of the beemer boys ...

Return to “Humor”