Hallo Almal / All

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Datsun SAFARI aka LOBO, Nissan Patrol GQ

Hallo Almal / All

Post by Kagiso »

Hi guys

Geezzz, it feels like I went missing :-) BUT Oompie found himself again :yahoo:

Just to say HELLO AGAIN - I am still around, STILL drive my Nissaan [had to down scale to a 1996 GQ but he is spotless

Vir die wat my onthou ; Hello manne
Vir di ewat my nie ken nie: Aangename kennis

Promise NOT to stay away for so long again

Love the new Forum outlook and layout -- seker Pietpetoors se werk ?

Ek weet steeds NIE hoe om fotos op te sit nie :thumbdown:
Outreach2Africa - In support of Missionaries of Africa: Helping God's children doing God's work.
on't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Hallo Almal / All

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome back, Mac! :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Loading pics is pretty straight forward. Firstly you have to be in the "Full editor" window, which is automatically the case when you start a thread or topic. If you are replying on a thread, you have two options, full editor or quick reply. The quick reply doesn't have the file attachment or smiley options.

So, full editor. If you scroll down a bit past the text box where you would be typing your message, you will see "Attachments", which you click on and the "Add Files" button appears below "Attachments".

Click on Add files and a mini explorer window pops up, where you can browse the location of the picture file. If it's multiple files you can select them and click on "Open" in the explorer box. The files will then be uploaded (provided they don't exceed 800x600 pixels ... your originals will be bigger and need to be resized).

The uploaded files appear in a viewing box whick also shows the upload progress of each file. Here you have the option to delete a file from your uploads which you may have accidentally selected or decided not to post. You also have the option to "place in line", where you would typically create a gap in your text with the "return" key and to place the file in that line you just position your cursor on the line in the text and scroll back down to the viewing box and click on "Place in line". The file name is placed where your cursor was and image will appear in that space when you "Submit" the post.

If you don't place images in line they will all appear in the same place at the bottom of your text once you have submitted the post.

Sounds a lot more complicated than it is .... just explaining it in detail.

A tip which might help is to create an "Uploads" folder in Windows, then copy your selected images there. Resize them in that folder (800x600) so that your originals remain unaltered in their storage folders wherever you keep your pictures. Also easy to find and all in the same place when you are ready to upload them from that small pop-up window.

Give it a try .... worst is that you don't get it right first time (aanhouer wen). :winkx:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Kagiso »

IMG_7086.JPG
Thanx Mark .. its the resizing the gets me ... wayyyy back I had a software that did it effortless.. BUT that P C is no more and I don't know which program to use - Any suggestions
Outreach2Africa - In support of Missionaries of Africa: Helping God's children doing God's work.
on't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

You can try Irfanview which I believe is freeware. You'd have to download and install the software. I have for many years used a registered / bought program which allows me to manipulate images ... (relatively unknown, not photoshop).

Maybe some other suggestions from other guys and what they're using would also help. :winkx:

Oh BTW, it's Andy, not Mark. :D:

Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Kagiso »

SORRY Andy .. I was dealing with Mark earlier on the dash covers ... the old coot stuck in my memory :-)
My bad
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

No probs. :winkx: ...... But just for the record, he's more mad than me. :D:

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

I can understand where the confusion comes in when you look at the two of them side by side... :angel:
Ears.jpg
Ears.jpg (22.63 KiB) Viewed 2518 times

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Return to “Open Discussion”