Payfast account experience.

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Crooza VX 80 EFI
Club VHF Licence: HC 127

Payfast account experience.

Post by zepplin »

Has anyone bought or sold a vehicle using this facility?

I have a buyer lined up for a sale but since he apparently works offshore on an oil rig, he's asked me to set up a Payfast account for the payment.

Is Payfast foolproof and to be trusted or not?
Crooza VX 80 efi - fully locked.
Knuppel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Somewhere in Africa
Vehicle: '87 SFA HILUX D/CAB

Re: Payfast account experience.

Post by Knuppel »

I would run Sir!. money can be paid into YOUR bank account. Dont let your cruiser go until you have it in your bank and confirmed that its not going to disappear! There is no need for you to go through PayFAst!!!!

http://www.netwerk24.com/ZA/Tygerburger ... 20160126-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/BradNathansonP ... 1870777848" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread. ... ee-scammer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image Link Broken
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by zepplin »

My feelings ed zachary Marius.

But thought I'd check justin case. :thumbup:
dalkill
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cape TOwn
Vehicle: 2.4 GD6 SR D/C 4x4

Post by dalkill »

My ex collegue at work had exact say story for buyer working on rig wanting to buy his bike.
He also cancelled at last moment. Just did not feel right.

Rather walk away.
2016 2.4GD6 SR D/C 4x4 (Oct 2022 - current) (Buraaq VI)
2007 d4d 3.0 D/C 4x4 (Mar 2016 - July 2022) (Buraaq V)
2003 Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4 (May 2015 - Feb 2016) aka Buraaq IV
2000 hilux DC 2.7 4x4 (Jul 2011 - Sep 2012) aka Buraaq III
1999 RXI 20v (Nov 2009 - Jul 2011) aka Quicksilver
1990 hilux DC 2.2 4x4 (Jun 2008 - Jul 2011) aka Buraaq II
1997 corolla 160i GLE (Feb 2007 - Sep 2009) aka Green Goblin
1990 GLI twincam (still my fav rolla) (Oct 2005 - Mar 2007) aka Wit Blitz
Golf GTI 2.0 (temp insanity for 2months) (Jun 2005 - Aug 2005) aka A mistake
1993 hilux SC 2.2 4x4 (April 2003 - Sept 2005) aka Buraaq

TOYOTA IS MY LEWE
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by zepplin »

I'm on my way but going to see how much fun we can have with this first........... :cooldude:
kfxnando
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

had a similar experience a few back
posted the whole story here, my feeling its a scam
the other one is, that he works on the mines in Namibia

also remember reading, on here that some members here had been had, and had lost their vehicles

good luck :cooldude:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

I'm amazed at how many people work on oilrigs... and how keen people on oilrigs are always wanting to buy stuff. Also watch payfast. Had my credit card hacked and all the transactions on my cc were on payfast purchases. So I think it is not such a reliable way of verifying transactions...
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Payfast is secure, they process all 4x4directs card payments. But i am not sure if they are going to allow you to receive such a large amount. We cannot receive more than R30k per transaction and for that they have a R15k retainer on our account. We have many oil rig workers who buy stuff and do normal bank transfers.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.

Post by GI Jane »

oops.. sorry Pieter... was just amazed how at the time, a thief could have spent so much money using, payfast, on my cc even though I still had it in my possession...
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

There are many web sites who use payfast. Payfast is just the payment processor, it is like the link between the web site and the credit card company. In your case the skelm probably had his own web with his own payfast account and bought stuff from himself in order to get money from your card to his account.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

oh... thanks... I see how it works... it was all sorted out in the end...
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Val sadly many of my old study mates can not find employment in our beloved country due to their pigmentological dissability ....

Yet they are grabbed up to work in mid Africa, they are working on oil rigs all over the world, they for a significant percentage of the workforce in the Arab countries (often oil related).

There are a few constants for these friends:
- they all want to come back to SA
- they can hardly ever adjust to our salaries, and quickly head back to the oil rigs
- high rate of divorce since they are hardly ever at home ...
- working hard and earning lots of cash they DO spend large sums in SA - and often try to set up these deals before coming back, as they only have a few days to enjoy their toys before heading back to work.

This reality aside, sadly their are also way too many "oil rig workers" in "nigeria" .....

PERSONALLY - I wont deal with an "oil rig worker" via the internet. At best I will set up the deal for when he is physically available in SA with cash in hand.

Return to “Open Discussion”