Christian Kuun - CK Wines

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Christian Kuun - CK Wines

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Guys, I received the mail below from fellow forum member Christian Kuun. Christian has in the past years graciously provided us with our own branded Hilux Wines. He is extending his viticulture venture and is looking for support - he will gladly ship to wherever you are and is on the ball with his order execution, much like Pieter but just with wines.

Please order your Xmas season requirements early so as to avoid disappointment - stocks are limited! You can contact him directly .... e-mail sales@ckwines.co.za for case lots, or we can make up group order case lots right here.

Hi, Hi,

I have finally dived into CK Wines full time! IT COULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED WITHOUT YOU, THANK YOU! Also, with this new independent venture, I would like to flip my hat into my hand and ask that you please share my wine and details with all your friends. Please, spread the word. Without your support, I might have to go back to selling you papsakke!

With the above leap, a new BARE FACTS label has been released and we are running a 10% discount on THE BARE FACTS range until the end of November. See the pictures below. THE BARE FACTS will be the same “brilliant value for stunning quality” range that you have previously only been offered as unlabelled. There is no difference in cost between the labelled and unlabelled wines and you will still be able to order your BARE FACTS wine as unlabelled, if you so wish- please just ask specifically.

I have just bottled a STUNNING Chenin Blanc 2015 that is vivaciously crisp and bursting with fruit. The BARE FACTS Chenin is just going to smash this particularly warm summer weather.

The CK range of wines have been well received and I am confident there are a few Gold Medals on the cards too.

· Chenin Blanc 2015 @ R306/case. Juicy, flamboyant and quenching- it’s a stunner. Less-10%

· Merlot 2013 @ R306/case of 12. This is again our well known value Merlot Less -10%

· Unlabelled Cab Franc 2013 @ R336/case of 12. Also a great wine at a great price, something less run of the mill.

· CK Altruista 2015 @ R780/case of 12 This barrel fermented Sauvignon Blanc is a wonderfully balanced and rich wine for any occasion.

· CK Sincera 2013 @ R900/case of 12. Award winning Cab Franc only made in selected years, when we are comfortable that it will win Gold medals, and in limited volumes.

· CK Integra 2013 @ R1080/case of 12. The flagship- a 80/20 blend of Cab Sauv and Cab Franc. A selection of the best 6 barrels and again, only made in selected years in very limited quantities. This wine will always win a Gold medal.

The Bare Facts Chenin Blanc 2015

This pale straw-coloured Chenin Blanc is a dry, fruit driven wine. The palate boasts lively tropical fruit, crisp citrus and subtle honey flavours which linger onto a fresh, creamy finish. The balanced acid and zesty fruit make this Chenin Blanc an excellent aperitif but also a wine that will gloriously complement salads and lighter styled dishes. Enjoy now or within the next two years.

Analysis: Alc. 13.0%, RS 4.9g/l, pH 3.38, TA 5.9g/l

The Bare Facts Merlot 2013

This fruit driven wine has been matured in oak barrels for 14 months. The palate boasts juicy ripe plums, red and black currants with a hint of smokiness lingering. Soft, subtle tannins make this wine slightly more accessible and a pleasure to enjoy everyday, whether it be on its own or with meat orientated dishes. This wine is best enjoyed now but is able to mature for another 5 years under correct cellaring conditions.

Analysis: Alc. 14.5%, RS 2.2g/l, pH 3.64, TA 5.9g/l

Unlabelled Cabernet Franc 2013

A Full-bodied red wine, matured for 18 months in small French oak barrels. Vibrant ripe dark-berry flavours, together with a subtle spiciness, pencil shavings, leathery mocha and tobacco hinting on the lingering finish, give this wine stunning complexity and balance the soft, silky tannins. This well structured wine has the potential to age excellently for another 5 years, if cellared correctly, but is also amazingly accessible now. It will compliment any fine food and will be equally enjoyable on its own.

Analysis: Alc. 14.3%, RS 2.1g/l, pH 3.6, TA 5.2g/l

2015 CK Altruista

This limited release, barrel fermented, Sauvignon Blanc beautifully infuses melon marmalade and light marzipan flavours with zesty citrus, vivacious tropical fruit and crisp capsicum. The fresh acid and smooth, creamy-oak mouthfeel make for a wonderfully balanced and rich wine for any occasion. After spending 4 months in new, small French Oak barrels and light batonnage being applied weekly, this Sauvignon Blanc has excellent structure and will mature gracefully for another 3 years.

Analysis: Alc. 14.0%, RS 3.2/l, pH 3.31, TA 6.2g/l

2013 CK Sincera

This limited release, handcrafted wine was produced from a selection of the finest small oak barrels. The opulent, juicy flavours, of dark currants, and fruitcake, layered with earthy spice and roasted coffee beans which then linger onto a subtle, smoky, cigar box finish. With 24 months of oak maturation complementing the intense fruit, this premium wine has superb structure, firm but rounded tannins and well balanced acid, making it wonderfully accessible yet allowing it to mature gracefully for the next 10 years.

Analysis: Alc. 14.4%, RS 1.9g/l, pH 3.53, TA 5.8g/l

2013 CK Integra

This Classic Blend, of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon and 20% Cabernet Franc, is made from a selection of the 6 finest small oak barrels. Only 2400 bottles of this limited release, handcrafted wine were produced. Intense flavours of black cherry and red currant, together with fruitcake and ripe plum, enveloped with earthy spice, pencil shavings and mocha, then then linger onto a subtle, smoky, cigar box finish. With 24 months of careful oak maturation, this ultra-premium wine has excellent structure and grippy yet integrated tannins. This wine will continue improving for the next 10 years.

Analysis: Alc. 14.6%, RS 2.3g/l, pH 3.6, TA 5.7g/l

BF1a.jpg
BF1a.jpg (9.99 KiB) Viewed 8175 times
BF2a.jpg
BF2a.jpg (31.45 KiB) Viewed 8175 times
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Re: Christian Kuun - CK Wines

Post by Hilux 1 »

awesome, I do enjoy his Merlot. The LCCSA also uses his wines
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi guys. Christian has unlabelled *"'Bare Facts Sauv Blanc"* that is left over from an order that he wants to clear at the ridiculous price of R20 per bottle (excludes transport). That's just R240 per case of 12 !!!! (you would normally pay that for just 2 or 3 bottles at best).

Those of us that have made use of offers like this in the past will know that his products are of a high standard and always enjoyable, .... even more so when the price is so ridiculously low. (Just remember that it's not labelled.)

In the past we have had various cultivars / types, normally with a Hilux Club label and often only available to club members. In this case, because of the volume that he has on hand, I'm putting this out to the general forum so that all can make use of this opportunity (I'm acting unilaterally here but I don't think Christian or the club committee will mind - Christian is also a member here).

What is suggested is that you place your orders in this thread and the club event co-ordinators from each area consolidate the volumes and place their area orders direct with Christian .... this makes it easier from his side and also reduces the courier costs. The EC's can then distribute orders and collect the payments and settle with CK Wines directly.

Alternatively you can order direct for case lots.

Orders can be placed here .... sales@ckwines.co.za

So lets hear who wants ..... :winkx:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

I'll start ......

• Andy - 1 x case of 12

Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Isuzu

Post by Hunter26 »

Where is he situated.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Isuzu 250D 4x2 with diffy lock
1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
I don't live in Africa, Africa lives in me - Kyle my son.
Agteros
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota FJ Cruiser

Post by Agteros »

Mud Dog wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:55 am I'll start ......

• Andy - 1 x case of 12

Hi Andy

I will take 4 cases - that is R960 (?)
2020 FJ Cruiser
1986 Hilux DC 4x4. Sold to the Boss :cooldude:
dalkill
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cape TOwn
Vehicle: 2.4 GD6 SR D/C 4x4

Post by dalkill »

Andy... bet I'm the last person you'd expect to reply to this post :lmao:

But if you can have a whisper with CK Wines, about producing a halaal red/white wine alternative :shock2:
ja i know... blasphemy...

But for a long time i been looking for red wine alternative for potjie. Then last year lady at work gave me a bottle of red grape juice, made by ex wine farmer in the cape somewhere.
WOW... it never made it to the potjie. I tasted it and it had such deep rich flavor compared to the watered down stuff passing as grape juice sold in the shops

Problem is.... this lady's church normally orders his entire shipment once a year... so the supply is gone before it even produced. :cry:
Would be nice if there is more supply availble to anyone looking for non-alcoholic alternative...

Just a thought... i'm assuming producing grape juice has better turn around time than producing wine... so it could be a alternate line of business while the grape juice "resting" :D:
2016 2.4GD6 SR D/C 4x4 (Oct 2022 - current) (Buraaq VI)
2007 d4d 3.0 D/C 4x4 (Mar 2016 - July 2022) (Buraaq V)
2003 Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4 (May 2015 - Feb 2016) aka Buraaq IV
2000 hilux DC 2.7 4x4 (Jul 2011 - Sep 2012) aka Buraaq III
1999 RXI 20v (Nov 2009 - Jul 2011) aka Quicksilver
1990 hilux DC 2.2 4x4 (Jun 2008 - Jul 2011) aka Buraaq II
1997 corolla 160i GLE (Feb 2007 - Sep 2009) aka Green Goblin
1990 GLI twincam (still my fav rolla) (Oct 2005 - Mar 2007) aka Wit Blitz
Golf GTI 2.0 (temp insanity for 2months) (Jun 2005 - Aug 2005) aka A mistake
1993 hilux SC 2.2 4x4 (April 2003 - Sept 2005) aka Buraaq

TOYOTA IS MY LEWE
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Hunter26 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:44 am Where is he situated.

Hi Craig. He's in the Western Cape. If you like you can place your order here and I'll consolidate it with mine and anyone else from the Border / Kei region that places an order. :winkx:

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Agteros wrote: Hi Andy

Hi Hugo. Yes it's R960 for 4 cases but remember that there will be courier costs to be added unless you collect directly from him. I'll include your order on the list for now. :winkx:

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

• Andy - 1 x case of 12
• "Agteros" - 4 cases of 12

Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Mud Dog wrote:

Hi Craig. He's in the Western Cape. If you like you can place your order here and I'll consolidate it with mine and anyone else from the Border / Kei region that places an order. :winkx:
Fantastic, I will just ask my daughter which is the best wine she likes after all.... My wine is her wine and her wine is her wineImage

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

dalkill wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:38 am Andy... bet I'm the last person you'd expect to reply to this post :lmao:

But if you can have a whisper with CK Wines, about producing a halaal red/white wine alternative :shock2:
ja i know... blasphemy... ...................
Hi Shaakir. Christian is a member here and hopefully he reads this and responds. Otherwise you could mail him directly using the mail address that's given. Good luck, hope he's able to do something for you. :winkx:

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Craig wrote:Fantastic, I will just ask my daughter which is the best wine she likes after all.... My wine is her wine and her wine is her wine
Craig, we don't have a choice of wines in this particular offer ..... it pertains only to his surplus of "Bare Facts Sauvignon Blanc". ...... Never mind, your daughter will surely like it. :D:

Agteros
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Agteros »

Mud Dog wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:14 am
Agteros wrote: Hi Andy

Hi Hugo. Yes it's R960 for 4 cases but remember that there will be courier costs to be added unless you collect directly from him. I'll include your order on the list for now. :winkx:
Thanks Andy - I am in. :thumbup:
2020 FJ Cruiser
Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Mud Dog wrote:

Hi Andy, can you put me down for one case and combine it with your order please. If you pay for both cases then I can just pay direct into your bank account or pay you on reciept. Let me know pls. Thanks

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

No probs Craig. As per your call earlier, I'll pay for the consolidated Border /Kei order and collect payment on collection / delivery. :winkx:

• Andy - 1 x case of 12
• "Hunter26" - 1 x case of 12

Tim86
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by Tim86 »

Andy, any way to get an idea of the courier/delivery costs? Camps Bay, Cape Town, WC...
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Tim86 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:29 pm Andy, any way to get an idea of the courier/delivery costs? Camps Bay, Cape Town, WC...
Tim,

I am sure that if you ask Christiaan he will be able to arrange a drop of for you. As far as I know CK wines is in Stellenbosch which is just round the corner from you.

Seeing that it is so close you can order two crates of wine :shh: :laugh2:
Johan Marais
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

At a guess I don't think it will add more than about 6 or 7 rand per the bottle but that it may vary a bit depending on the delivery distance. If you're close enough you can even collect direct.

Also just to mention, it's not necessary to take a full case lot if you can get other guys in your area to take a couple of bottles as well and make up case lots or even 'broken' case lots that way.

FIRSTGEER
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Howzit and regards Andy.Kindly add a box of 12 to the list for me.Thanks a lot.
Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Lots of winoholics here I see

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

• Andy - 1 x case of 12
• FIRSTGEER" - 1 x case of 12
• "Am Racing" - 6 units
• "Bill Bester" - 1 x case of 12

FIRSTGEER
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Andy kindly make it two boxes. My chommies here are thirsty.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

• Andy - 1 x case of 12
• FIRSTGEER" - 2 x cases of 12
• "Am Racing" - 6 units

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

I'm going to place the orders for the Border / Kei region on Monday so if there's anyone else interested, place your order here ASAP.

Hugo, it seems that you're the only one interested 'on your side of the fence' so if you PM me a delivery address I can place your order at the same time (in that case I will supply you with banking details so that you can make a direct payment to Christian). :winkx:

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

The Gautengers must be drinking too much beer or still water ....... :laugh2:

Tim86
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by Tim86 »

I have ordered straight from them as I'm pretty close - thanks for the heads up Andy.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

:thumbup:

Agteros
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Agteros »

Mud Dog wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:10 pm I'm going to place the orders for the Border / Kei region on Monday so if there's anyone else interested, place your order here ASAP.

Hugo, it seems that you're the only one interested 'on your side of the fence' so if you PM me a delivery address I can place your order at the same time (in that case I will supply you with banking details so that you can make a direct payment to Christian). :winkx:
Hi Andy

Sure...Trying to figure out how to PM...
2020 FJ Cruiser
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

:D: .... Hugo, on the LHS of this post is my profile, at the bottom of that you will see "Contact" with a 'bubble' next to it. Click on the bubble and it will give you the option of contacting me via PM or e-mail. Either will do. :winkx:

Agteros
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Agteros »

Mud Dog wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:30 pm :D: .... Hugo, on the LHS of this post is my profile, at the bottom of that you will see "Contact" with a 'bubble' next to it. Click on the bubble and it will give you the option of contacting me via PM or e-mail. Either will do. :winkx:
Thanks Andy

Have sent you an e-mail.

Regards
2020 FJ Cruiser
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

:thumbup: Not at office PC right now but will check it out later. :winkx:

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Any last minute takers? I'll be placing the orders tonight.

Hugo, I got your mail and will respond with confirmation and banking details for CK Wines. :thumbup:

Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Hi Andy, have you worked out costs including postage etc per person.

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Not yet Craig. Just placed the order this evening and waiting for confirmation and courier costs. Will advise as soon as I know. :winkx:

Final order as placed ....

• Andy - 1 x case of 12
• FIRSTGEER" - 2 x cases of 12
• "Am Racing" - 6 units

Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Thanks Andy

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Any news of final costs... We is firsty

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

:laugh2: When I saw that you had posted (before opening and reading the post) I was already thinking that I should chirp you about being thirsty. :D:

Well long story ..... I notified them by return e-mail immediately that I would put the offer up on the forum and that I was certain there would be takers - two days later I told them that we already had something like 7 cases positive response and asked if it would be OK to wait until the Monday just in case there were any late comers. I had no response from any of the mails and when I placed the order on the Monday I asked for confirmation --- still no response. So I phoned them.

All 70 cases surplus sold out like hot cakes, they told me .... "But I sent you a few mails without response and now I have orders for 9 cases. What must I do now?" Well they said that Christian was in NZ and that they are planning on moving there, maybe that's why there was no response to the mails, but that they would see what they could do for me.

That's why there has been a delay in feedback. However I was informed this morning that they managed to put together the 9 cases for us and that they would be dispatched on Monday next week (their couriers are adversely affected with the protest action on the roads in the W/Cape).

The upshot is that we will still be getting our orders. I have paid for the E/Cape consignment and attached the invoice below. It works out to R28 per bottle with shipment included. You can reimburse me on collection or do an EFT (PM me for banking details). Now we wait till next week ..... :D: :winkx:
20190808 CK021 ANDY BRANDSETTER.pdf
(58.68 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Mud Dog wrote::laugh2: When I saw that you had posted (before opening and reading the post) I was already thinking that I should chirp you about being thirsty. :D:

Well long story ..... I notified them by return e-mail immediately that I would put the offer up on the forum and that I was certain there would be takers - two days later I told them that we already had something like 7 cases positive response and asked if it would be OK to wait until the Monday just in case there were any late comers. I had no response from any of the mails and when I placed the order on the Monday I asked for confirmation --- still no response. So I phoned them.

All 70 cases surplus sold out like hot cakes, they told me .... "But I sent you a few mails without response and now I have orders for 9 cases. What must I do now?" Well they said that Christian was in NZ and that they are planning on moving there, maybe that's why there was no response to the mails, but that they would see what they could do for me.

That's why there has been a delay in feedback. However I was informed this morning that they managed to put together the 9 cases for us and that they would be dispatched on Monday next week (their couriers are adversely affected with the protest action on the roads in the W/Cape).

The upshot is that we will still be getting our orders. I have paid for the E/Cape consignment and attached the invoice below. It works out to R28 per bottle with shipment included. You can reimburse me on collection or do an EFT (PM me for banking details). Now we wait till next week ..... :D: :winkx:
The couriers do know that the sea extends from CT to East London so there is no excuse that they can't canoe or swim the wines to usImageImageImage.

Many thanks Andy for all your efforts. Let's us know when it arrives.

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
FIRSTGEER

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Thanks for your efforts Andy. Will chat to you when I collect.
Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Any updates or is the wine so good Andy has drunk it all

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

iT hashiNT arrrive yet (hic!) ..... hoo shaYs that I drunk it all (hic!) ..... thersh still 2½ bottelsh left.

:D: It went out for delivery on Monday (got confirmation) ...... expecting it to arrive soon. :winkx:

Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Mud Dog wrote:iT hashiNT arrrive yet (hic!) ..... hoo shaYs that I drunk it all (hic!) ..... thersh still 2½ bottelsh left.

:D: It went out for delivery on Monday (got confirmation) ...... expecting it to arrive soon. :winkx:
ImageImageImageImageImage

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

The wine order has just arrived. :thumbup:

Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Fantastic, thanks Andy. Have you done the sums to see who owes what amount

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Craig, yes - if you look back a few posts you will see the following with a copy of the invoice.
(I highlighted the price in the quote).
Mud Dog wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:24 pm ...................... I have paid for the E/Cape consignment and attached the invoice below. It works out to R28 per bottle with shipment included. You can reimburse me on collection or do an EFT (PM me for banking details). Now we wait till next week ..... :D: :winkx:

The case price would then be R336

Tony may come through and collect his order soon ... I'm sure he won't mind taking yours at the same time if you're not planning on coming across this way.

:winkx:

Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Mud Dog wrote:Hi Craig, yes - if you look back a few posts you will see the following with a copy of the invoice.
(I highlighted the price in the quote).
Mud Dog wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:24 pm ...................... I have paid for the E/Cape consignment and attached the invoice below. It works out to R28 per bottle with shipment included. You can reimburse me on collection or do an EFT (PM me for banking details). Now we wait till next week ..... :D: :winkx:

The case price would then be R336

Tony may come through and collect his order soon ... I'm sure he won't mind taking yours at the same time if you're not planning on coming across this way.

:winkx:
Oops, Image I will chat to Tony as I'm on standby this week.

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Cobus Pelser
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: Hilux Revo 2.8 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC276

Post by Cobus Pelser »

Howdy,

Can I still place an order

10 bottles please

Cobus
Cobus
Call Sign HC276
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Cobus, I'm afraid that you have lost out. The 70 cases of surplus wine disappeared very quickly and it was only with some luck and pleading that we managed to fill the order of 9 cases as placed almost 2 weeks ago.

Sorry to disappoint.

Cobus Pelser
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: Hilux Revo 2.8 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC276

Post by Cobus Pelser »

No worries thanks,
Cobus
Call Sign HC276
Agteros
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Agteros »

Thanks Andy for all your arrangements - appreciated!

The wine tastes great! I am glad I have taken 4 boxes but SAD I have not taken 8 boxes.
2020 FJ Cruiser
Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Agteros wrote:Thanks Andy for all your arrangements - appreciated!

The wine tastes great! I am glad I have taken 4 boxes but SAD I have not taken 8 boxes.
Thank goodness my daughter is not a member here to read your post. At least convincing her the wine is not good will be easy ImageImageImage

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Well will you look at that! Cobus, you can still get lucky ....

Christian is in the process of emigrating and he is winding up his operations here in SA. He has a number of wines that he wants to move at reduced prices and this will be the last opportunity from his side. I received this mail from him today :

Hi all,

These are the last clearance wines we are offering. The numbers are limited and we will be dealing in chronological order. Please let us know if you are interested and please give us a few days to process:

84x12 Sauv Blac 2018 @ R240/case

112x12 Chenin Bl 2018 @ R240/case

160x12 Merlot @ R360/case

70x12 Sincera Cab Franc @ R600/case

The same courier fees apply, for the buyers account, and we endeavour to keep costs as low as possible.

Christian Kuun
Winemaker
CK Wines

+27 82 615 8105
+27 86 504 6209

winemaker@ckwines.co.za
www.ckwines.co.za

If anyone is interested you can maybe consolidate an order for your area in this thread or you can contact him directly on the cell no's or e-mail addresses above. Whichever way, don't delay in placing your order/s to avoid disappointment.

Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Hi Andy, many thanks again for organizing the wine. What a bad wine..... It is slightly dry and refreshingly crisp with hidden ball bearings. Usually I drink only a glass of wine but I finished a whole bottle myself, unfortunately the next morning the ball bearings jumped the cage and rattled in the kop.

Jokes aside, the wine is fantastic and not sharable with others

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Yeah, Christian makes good wines .... maybe not the best available but certainly quality at very reasonable prices. :winkx:

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

P.S. I thought you were going to share with your daughter ..... but since that is apparently not happening any more, you might like to get a second stash that can be for sharing. :D:

Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

I will be the good dad and keep her a bottle . Unfortunately the group of friends my wife has, parpalee wine is the best they will get from me. I'm a cheap bastard

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Rumour has it that all the streetlights in KWT have started twinkling in a random manner at night... :spectacle: :spectacle:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Hunter26
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Hunter26 »

Hahahaha

1 x Humorous Driver
GPS,Dashcam,tyre levers
FIRSTGEER

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Also a big thanks to you again Andy. I shared a box of the wines between my daughters in law and a few friends and they were all impressed. I myself prefer the good old red like the merlot you managed to organize a year or two ago. Now that was really a bargain.

Return to “Open Discussion”