Novel security feature

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Oupa Stig
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesbug
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE 4X2 "Stagger Lee", Hilux IFS 2.7 4x4 "Loretta"

Novel security feature

Post by Oupa Stig »

Stopped at shops today, parked next to Vigo, driver sitting inside, waiting for someone.
Saw bonnet damaged by driver's side, classic Vigo theft marks.
Told chap I see they tried to pinch his truck. Yep, he says, fortunately they were disturbed, so they could not steal it. But now he's made a plan to avoid their tricks:
Steel cable full of fishing hooks by hooter, other places where they fiddle when stealing. :shock:
Imagine that thief's surprise when he gets hooked and cannot get his hand out again...
Many implications both legally and morally, but I do like the thought of hooking myself a thief like this... :angel: :angel: :angel:
I feel a lot less wise at 45 than I did at 15.
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vioolsdrift
Vehicle: 2010 4.0 V6 Fortuner 4x4
Club VHF Licence: N/A

Re: Novel security feature

Post by Froll »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

Oupa Stig wrote:Stopped at shops today, parked next to Vigo, driver sitting inside, waiting for someone.
Saw bonnet damaged by driver's side, classic Vigo theft marks.
Told chap I see they tried to pinch his truck. Yep, he says, fortunately they were disturbed, so they could not steal it. But now he's made a plan to avoid their tricks:
Steel cable full of fishing hooks by hooter, other places where they fiddle when stealing. :shock:
Imagine that thief's surprise when he gets hooked and cannot get his hand out again...
Many implications both legally and morally, but I do like the thought ofhooking myself a thief like this... :angel: :angel: :angel:
New fishing game invented :twisted: :twisted:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

IIRC stainless hooks have become illegal, but you might still be able to get from places that still have stock. Otherwise you will have to keep replacing them every year or so (the chromed ones are made to rust away in case a fish snaps your line, so that it's not doomed to live out the rest of it's days with a hook in it's mouth).
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Why? if it is rusted it works better for this purpose.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

pietpetoors wrote:Why? if it is rusted it works better for this purpose.
+1 :twisted: :twisted:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Well if it's just a little rusted, no problem, but what if they're so rusted that the points / barbs are gone and it doesn't even hook the thief - or if they rust and fall off. You'd have to keep replacing them, might just be a hassle but I like the general idea.

I still want to get my hands on some high grade strichnine or arsenic with which to lace a ½ bottle of klippies and leave that lying under the seat, cubby-hole or on the floor in the back - somewhere that they'll find it quickly.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Mikie
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kyalami
Vehicle: Hilux 2006 3.0D4D 2x4 DC

Post by Mikie »

Just use Razor wire
pietdevs
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Mosselbay
Vehicle: Toyota Land Cruiser Troopy

Post by pietdevs »

Many years ago at a well known university a student fitted a lot of hooks around his car radio. This is back in the good old days when they only stole the radio. He caught the guy inside his car with his hand stuck in the hooks. Needless to say - after removing the culprit without anaesthetic and without mercy I believe he did not steal for some time.... Very simple patent - a lot of fish hooks (size 9.0) were brazed to some strong wire and bolted to all the radio brackets.
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Ek onthou toe Mark hier by my was, hy het sy goed toe gerol met Razor wire.
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'

Return to “Open Discussion”