Fraud

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Fraud

Post by Hilux 1 »

by wie kan mens sulke mense aan gee?

http://capetown.olx.co.za/2003-jurgens- ... -293076260" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

want soos hulle se as dit te goed is om waar te wees is dit.

Die Vent bly blykbaar in UK. Bollie!.
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Re: Fraud

Post by Hilux 1 »

ek het die ou bietjie try vas trap om sy naam te kry en iewers waar ek die klaravaan kan besigtig, maar ontwykend.
hier is ons gesprek sover.
So who is gonna show me the caravan? I'll need to see this before any transactions etc commence. I'll also need a contact person in the country.
And what is your name? Need to know I'm not dealing with a ghost? And a contact number in the UK. My brother lives there and he'll want to meet you just to check this is not one of those scams.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 05:55:45 -0400 (EDT)
To: <binedell@mweb.co.za>
Subject: 2003 Jurgens Explorer Caravan 4x4 Off Road

Hello,

The price is R35,000. This is the final price and there will be no additional charges. The caravan looks and runs great. I am selling the caravan so cheap because I am in United Kingdom with my new job and I just finished a divorce. I am a VerifiedTrader so the transaction will be done through eBay. If you're ready for this purchase, I need to know your full name and address, as soon as I have them I will start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. eBay will send you an Invoice with all the info you will need to complete the transaction. Also a 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the caravan or if something will be wrong you will receive your money back in the same day without any charges from your side. Thanks

Is the caravan still licensced? and really i would like to see the caravan so if you can please get back to me ASAP. have you not got a number where i can talk to you re the caravan. still want to know why so cheap? is it a written off code 3 or what? i am REALLY interrested in the buy if there is nothing wrong. Just come back to me please.

Tertius

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 2012/04/03 11:55:45 AM
To: binedell@mweb.co.za
Cc:
Subject: RE: 2003 Jurgens Explorer Caravan 4x4 Off Road

Hello,

The price is R35,000. This is the final price and there will be no additional charges. The caravan looks and runs great. I am selling the caravan so cheap because I am in United Kingdom with my new job and I just finished a divorce. I am a VerifiedTrader so the transaction will be done through eBay. If you're ready for this purchase, I need to know your full name and address, as soon as I have them I will start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. eBay will send you an Invoice with all the info you will need to complete the transaction. Also a 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the caravan or if something will be wrong you will receive your money back in the same day without any charges from your side. Thanks

So you want to tell me you had NO friends or relatives in SA? You really expect me to pay that amount of money in these day and age with all the fraud? I think I should get some more help in. Can I have the licence plate number so I can atleast trace ownership? As you stil not giving your name? Give me a tel number so we can talk please.
Tertius

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 08:01:15 -0400 (EDT)
To: <binedell@mweb.co.za>
Subject: Re: 2003 Jurgens Explorer Caravan 4x4 Off Road

Hi there,

Sorry you cannot see the caravan because I am not in the country but a 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the caravan you will receive your money back. The caravan will be delivered to your home address after you will complete the payment. Delivery time will be 2 days. It comes with insurance covered by me of course until you take the ownership, RWC, keys, clear title, valid road license, full revision and all the papers signed so you can easy transfer the caravan on your name. All the costs will be paid by me. I don't have a outstanding amount on the caravan at a bank or financial agency as I paid cash for it. I have two more persons interested in buying the caravan so please send me your full name and address if you are ready to buy it. Thank you!
Sebata
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

Post by Sebata »

you smell it, you play far from it.... it has scam written all over it
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hilux 1 »

indeed, i knew that the minute i saw the add, but want to know where one takes these kind of fruadsters?
ROBERT
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2002 D/C KZTE 4x4

Post by ROBERT »

Something smells like a large Rodent :punch:
Sebata
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds

Post by Sebata »

Hilux 1 wrote:indeed, i knew that the minute i saw the add, but want to know where one takes these kind of fruadsters?
this falls in the same basket as the internet banking phising.... never fall to thier trap :cry:
Tau Sello
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hilux 1 »

i honestly want to know, WHO THE HELL IS SO STUPID as to fall for this? seriously?? how dens(spelling sucks) must one be.
Kaspaas
Town: Wellington
Vehicle: 1998 Land Cruiser 105series GX

Post by Kaspaas »

Tertius,

Jy kan die advertensie vir een van die manne op die website forward :

http://www.419eater.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hierdie Scam-baiters is die beste waarvan ek weet, hulle smokkel met die kansvatters se koppe.
Lees so paar feadbacks op die forum, dis vreeslike snaaks!
Een van die beste manne is n ou uit SA. (Kan nie nou onthou wat is sy naam nie)
1998 Toyota land Cruiser 105 series. 4.2 D

"I am human, I make mistakes, and that is okay, I have my own permission."
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

Hilux 1 wrote:i honestly want to know, WHO THE HELL IS SO STUPID as to fall for this? seriously?? how dens(spelling sucks) must one be.
they pry on the valnerable one's looking to score quick buck, there is one of Euro lottery,. ???
Tau Sello
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

the ONLY reason they keep doing it, is because they keep making money this way .........

SCARY but true
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

Die Aap!!!
toyota
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: East London
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux

Post by toyota »

Hi guys.
If you read this asshole`s english you will immediatly see that he comes from a Central African country known for its frauds
Theodorus
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Honeydew Jhb
Vehicle: HILUX

Fraud

Post by Theodorus »

You should take him for a ride thats what i do take them on a false sence and waist there time

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dt3r3j" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mylux
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

The ad web sites are full of this, the other day a guy sent me a link to a 2.7 Hilux for R40,000 , same story
If you see a vehicle advertised for a ridiculous price and if the guy says he wants to communicate by email not phone and he is not in the country you should know to stay far away.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Piesang
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

As ek reg verstaan is Tertius se redenasie nie hoe vermy 'n mens sulke ouens nie, maar hoe kan jy hul aan die pen laat ry, is daar iewers 'n plek waar jy sulke ouens kan gaan AANGEE.

Dit help nie jy gaan cops toe nie, hulle sê net dis buite hul gebied, wel iemand moet met sulke sake werk.

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
Legolas
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Somerset West
Vehicle: 2008 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4

Post by Legolas »

Hi al wat ek weet jy kan doen is om met die ou te speel en sy tyd te mors en sodoende hom te vermy om met ander mense dieselfde te probeer doen.

Ek weet daar was so tydjie terug 'n lid op die hilux forum wat dit reggekry het en het al sy eposse hier op die forum gepost. Ek kan net nie die naam onthou nie maar dit was nogal goeie lees stof!! So terius ek sal kyk of ek die link kan kry en dan moet jy so iets try... :laugh2:
ThysdJ
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Niks wat jy eintlik daaraan kan doen nie Pieter Piesang. Hulle sal nie ophou nie, want daar is mense (baie ongelukkige mense) wat val vir hulle trieks... Ongelukkig is dit baie moeilik om hulle te vervolg, sou jy dit regkry om die saak by die regte mense aan te gee. :shock: :shock:

Intussen is daar slim ouens wat dit regkry om hierdie skelms lekker rond te neek, en hulle tyd te mors. Die internet is vol sulke stories en van die goed is nogals baie funny... :yahoo: :yahoo:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
2.8 d/cab SFA
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

yip Autotrader full of the scam, no number just email adress
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

at what point does Autotrader/Gumtre/etc/etc become liable for perpetuating this ??

surely linking these adds to a VALID RICA'd cell number is not so difficult to do .... no cell = no add.

this way a fraudulant transaction CAN be traced and procecuted.

Return to “Open Discussion”