greetings from the arizona desert

Introduce yourself and Meet the rest of the crowd
roky
Town: Ajo
Vehicle: 1977 hilux

greetings from the arizona desert

Post by roky »

howdy -- guess i'm a ways from most of you -- i've acquired a toyota "chinook"(will try to add photo), which is a toyota hilux long bed, with a pop-up camper shell added on -- i've been gradually fixing what's needed, but struggling with this being quite old, lacking a lot of info -- right now i'm trying to deal with the air conditioning, and so far can find no ac wiring diagrams for this year, including looking in my 4 repair manuals -- but really, "carlito" drives great, and probably has less than 100,000 miles -- it has "fake" duallies in the rear, decent clearance due to the beefed up suspension and adjustable air shocks, and i'm planning on converting to a locking rear end, probably using the aussie locker.
Thanks, Roky

77 Hilux: 20R, R28-071583, 023 ZC41, L43-G082, Chinook motorhome on a long-bed chassis
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vioolsdrift
Vehicle: 2010 4.0 V6 Fortuner 4x4
Club VHF Licence: N/A

Re: greetings from the arizona desert

Post by Froll »

Welcome Bob, hope you enjoy it here on the forum. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jaans
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: 2005 4L V6 DC Hilux; Pajero Sport 2.5 4x4 M/T

Post by Jaans »

Welcome sounds like an interesting vehicle you have there. Post some photos.
1 Kor 1:18 " Die boodskap van die kruis van Christus is wel onsin vir die wat verlore gaan, maar vir ons wat gered word, is dit die krag van God."
roky
Town: Ajo
Vehicle: 1977 hilux

Post by roky »

thanks, guys -- i did post a pic, in the pic section, not sure if i did it right but it should be there, of "carlito"

you probably don't have any chinooks over your way, as they were converted in california from about 74 - 78 -- it has the reliability of toyota, user-friendly carburetor, but sleeps 2 with standing headroom when the top is popped up -- 25 mpg, driving slow

and i did a search of your manual links, was able to find a manual for a 1980 land cruiser, which is about as close to 77 that i've come, and it does have a wiring diagram for the ac
Thanks, Roky

77 Hilux: 20R, R28-071583, 023 ZC41, L43-G082, Chinook motorhome on a long-bed chassis
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

I doubt that Toyota Trucks had aircon way back in '77, most probably an aftermarket fitment.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “Meet the People”