New Member and New Prado owner

Discussion form for the Toyota Prado
Ivan10
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Toyota Prado 2005 VX

New Member and New Prado owner

Post by Ivan10 »

Hi Everyone, I'm new in the forum and recently bought a 2005 Prado V6 with 200k on the clock!!

I'm moving to Mozambique at the end of the year and needed a reliable, low maintenance and comfortable 4x4 for Mozambique's sandy roads!
I'm looking forward to exploring and experiencing the car and its capabilities!!
I'm scared about the fuel consumption!!! heard as low as 12l/100km to as high as 18l/100km!!!

I will post some questions i have in the coming days!!

Here's the beauty!!
IMG_20200927_155825.jpg
Cheers,
Ivan
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: New Member and New Prado owner

Post by Family_Dog »

Welcome Ivan, don't worry about the fuel consumption, just enjoy the ride!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi and welcome Ivan ! :thumbup:

Sandy conditions as well as slow driving in anything other than top gear are going to negatively affect the fuel economy of any vehicle, so be prepared. Deflated tyres are going to help traction and economy in the sand but again reduce it on harder surfaces, so depending on the conditions of the routes you will be typically following, you might opt for an optimal "all round" pressure or carry a deflator and compressor to adjust pressures for the longer stretches. The V6 will probably do better on consumption in the sand than a smaller 4 cylinder motor because of it's ability to overcome the drag.

The vehicle itself is bullet proof, so no worries there. Good luck and enjoy! :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Ivan10
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Toyota Prado 2005 VX

Post by Ivan10 »

Thanks for the welcome and for the tips!

Return to “Toyota Prado 4x4 Forum”